+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zetor Zebra 2040

Default Zetor Zebra 2040

Hey, I came across one of these little tractors and wondered if anyone else has seen or used one of them? It's a 25hp 4wd tractor. I cant find much information on them, and i'm wondering if any of you have any experience with them.....?

Come on guys! No one has ever seen one? Used one? I was hoping to hear from someone with some experience with them before I bought it!

Eric Johnson
    Tucker Mountain Maple Co-op
    1400 taps in 2013
    2.5 x 8 CDL pellet arch and Smokey Lake pans
    Lapierre 600 RO
    Member of Andover/Salisbury Maplehaulics anonymous
    www.tuckermtn.com
    pALS

I have never used one but I will pass on the info I do know on Zetors.
    A friend of ours had one about 60hp he used in the woods. only a couple years old and the wiring caught fire and burned up. They saved the tractor but needed all new wire harness. Ordered from the dealer and think it took a few weeks to come in. They paid an outragous price for a wireharness but said OK as they needed it. They opened the package and EVERY wire in the new harness was brown. It took them a couple days to get it going again as they had to trace every wire 1 at a time. Several sections came bundled in platsic conduit for protection and were taped as well. Lets say that they were not happy.

I wouldn't give much and I would see if there were any place near you to get parts.
    1700 Taps /1600 on Vac. 3x10 King evaporator
    20 head Charolais cattle
    8 head Lowline Angus
    28 Miniature horses
    90 hives honey bees
    JD 4430 tractor

Wow not much out there on these little duffer eh? I found the links you posted when I googled Zebra 2040 and a couple of other pics, but not much helpful information. I've checked with the local zetor dealer and even he said that the zebra model isnt very common, I think his advice was "if you're gonna buy it, buy it really cheap, use it up and throw it out"

It's too bad, it's a nice small tractor and would work good around tubing.

Thanks for the info guys....let me know if you run into anything else!

try tractorbynet lots of tractor stuff on the forum there.

Dean

we have a zetor 6340 4wd 66hp with loader. baught it new in 99 for $18,000 had a problom with the electric gauges not always working but nothing major. also had to change the cluch slave cylinder in the first year we had it. it has over 3,000 hours on it and it will do what ever a 4wd 66 hp tractor can do for a lot less $$$$. we have a ford 6600, 7000, 8600 and a john deere 4250. i feel like the zetor has just as strong a motor and the frame is also just as strong built as any of the new tractors out there.
    let there be cold nights and warm days...

Default zetor

I have a Zetor 16145 4wd 130 hp tractor.I have had it for 4 years.It is a 1989 and runs great.I do not plug it in or use either and on days at -10 it starts with ease.I have run them all and this tractor is equal to any of the name brands(JD).If I need any parts I have them in 3-4 days.I would not hesitate to buy another if needed one.
    Lee
    3x12 D&G Champion, 1100 taps w/27" of vac.New in 2013 600gph RO. 10 buckets for the kids.

My neighbor has a 85 hp one he bought 20+/- yrs ago. It runs good but will a 25 fill your needs down the road!! There are a lot of used kabotas and masseys on craigs list for sale.....I have a 53 hp massey.....Does every thing I need it to do.......I use it to pull a 600gal sap tank and use it to put in food plots at camp.....Just my 2 cents worth.....(I almost bought a Zetor)

I knew I should have been looking here. I'm looking at a 7745 Zetor, and haven't been able to get feedback on most of my internet haunts.
    Its good to hear that some parts are available.
    I posted up on tractor by net, but couldn't find much.
    It looks like the little Zetors where also sold under the Century and Branson name.
    I'd just like to get a 4x4 without spending a fortune.
    30x40 Sugarhouse
    975 taps here at home. Still have 3-400 to add in.
    3x10 Cabin by the Creek evap with "steamaway"
    CDL 600 RO
    ebayed Sogevac S65

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast