+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gage of metal on a 2 x 6 Leader.

Default Gage of metal on a 2 x 6 Leader.

I just purchased a 2 x 6 Leader evaporator that needs to have the sheet metal replaced and I would like to knnow what gage of metal i should use. I think I want to go with galvinized sheet metal instead of SS as the cost is more in my budget and I can get galvinized sheet metal easy. I have e-mailed the Leader Co. about two weeks ago but no one has responded. So I am asking for anyone else who re-tined their own evaporator. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Brian

Default Retinning

I'd just give Leader a call. I've found them to be helpful and they should be able to give you an answer.
    Josh

2009 - 370 on vac. & 16 buckets
    2010 - 377 on vac.
    2011 - 590 on vac.
    2012 - 620 on high vac., 170 buckets, 110 on gravity tubing
    2013 - 830 mine + 800-1000 others
    2014 - 870 mine + 800-1000 others
    2017 - 920 mine + 500-700 others
    2018 - 902 mine + 500-700 others
    2019 - 902 mine + 700 others
    2020 - 902 mine + ???? others
    Atlas Copco Pump
    2.5'x8' 802maple Special with Dallaire pans
    H2O Innovation 600gph RO
    Spring Harvest Website

Default Calling Leader

The only problem I have is that the hours they are open are the hours I work. I just do not understand how a company can offer e-mail on their web sites and not respond to them that day or the next business day. I have found in the last two years that more and more companies are using web sites and have e-mail attached to them. And yet the companies do not use them properly. I am just frustrated with the way some companies respond to their customers e-mails. I have my own business but do not have a web site and I have always responded to all the e-mails with in 12 hours even when I am out of town. I just found it good business pratice. (Just spouting off)

Go find an Amish tinsmith. They will fix you up with SS for the arch and smokestack for less than galvanized from Leader. Theres Amish in your area
    and South of Buffalo.

I agree with you briduhunt on the email problems. I emailed Lapierre a number of times when I bought my RO from them about questions I had on the operation and membrane care and never got a response. Calling them was as bad. I don't understand why they offer to be contacted that way if they don't reply. How fortunate we are to have members on the Trader who care. I've gotten more help from them many times over.
    1,200 taps on USFS land, 3x8 King w/Steamaway. Lapierre RO.

I agree with you on responses from e mails being slow or not at all, but I bet that in most cases the ones that have the knowledge or expertise are the ones out in the sales working the counters and never see the emails. Probably the emails go to the office staff and thats as far as it goes.
    Call directly and talk to the staff working the sales counter and you will get your answer.
    As for the gauge I'd say its about 16-18 ga. If you have a piece from your arch just measure the thickness and that will tell you. You can get gauge thicknesses by doing a search on the web
    Keith

Stainless will probably last 3 times as long as galvanized. If you did it with stainless, you would probably never have to do it again. I would guess it is about 20 gauge.

I know it costs more, but in the long run, it is a lot less work and a bigger savings and will increase the resale value if you decide to upgrade.
    Brandon

CDL dealer for All of West Virginia & Virginia
    3x10 CDL Deluxe oil fired
    Kubota M7040 4x4 Tractor w/ 1153 Loader hauling sap
    2,400+ taps on 3/16 CDL natural vacuum on 9 properties
    24x56 sugarhouse
    CDL 1,000 2 post RO

+ Reply to Thread