+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2-Handed tool

I've been shopping around for a tool myself. My polling has led me to want a set of Prunos. They seem to be $200-250, from CDL or LaPierre, I think LaPierre being the lower price. I need to get some ordered soon. Chamberland seems to be the other option, which some have told me work fine for them. But the deluxe Pruno is supposed to work real smooth.

Tim
    Tim Whitens
    Willow Creek Farm
    Fulton, NY

3000 on vacuum, 3hp 3ph Busch pump, 2567 Gast
    30X8 Leader oil-fired evap. w/ steamaway
    Airablo 1000 RO
    6 Alpacas

Thumbs up

How about Main line tools?

What do most of you use for connecting 3/4" or 1" mainline to couplings/connections?

By the way, I did buy the high priced Leader one handed and 2 handed tools. When I got them I set the kids to putting together drop lines, and the end tree drops. I left them after the tutorial, and when returning about an hour later I had a surprise to see them in production and had already made about 120 drops!

That was worth $50 just to see them going at it! Right tools for the right job!
    Jeff Emerson
    www.emersonsmaplehill.com
    3x12 Leader with over air, custom piggyback, 600gph CDL RO
    2500 on 25" vacuum
    350 4 wheeler, 500 snowmobile, and 1950's Ford 600 tractor, Husqvarna! (261, 372xpBigBore, 562xp), Stihl MS193 for in tree work

Got my two handed tool. I assume the center arm that swings up between the handles is to flare ends of tubing. When would you use that?
    CDL 2x8
    Around 4000 taps
    Polaris ATVs, Ski Doo snowmobiles to get around
    Atlas Copco pumps
    Lapierre two post RO

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/j...Sugar%20shack/

In most cases I never use that part to flare the tubing. But in some instances when dealing with stretched out tubing the diameter is smaller so you need to flare it out before you can get a fitting in it. In most cases the type of tubing that requires that is the old vinyl stuff that is basicly junk anyways.
    Keith

when cutting in drops, use it. for if you look real close you will see a tighter clean fitting. if you dont you will see wrinkles on the fitting that will leak vac.my two cents
    10,000 taps and adding on vac.4 liquid ring pumps, lapierre 5x14 thunderbolt, 1800 R/O

http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/cc279/mapletime/

I do the same as jeff, just cut, flip the center anvil up, clamp together it flares both ends, put the drop or whatever connector in the middle and clamp again and it's on there really good. After making up your first 100 drops and you'll be able to do it watching tv or after 1000 drops you can do it while you sleep.

If you are just attaching the tool to an end of 5/16 just grab about 1/2 inch into the pipe, so leave about 1/2 inch in the middle of the tool. You'll find pretty quickly that too much tube will bend when you apply force to the tool when clamping and too little will require you to get another bite on the 5/16 and reclamp it on to get it all the way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12