It's fairly simple and once you've done it you will never want to go back. I did just that when my 5 bank LaPierre filter press original gear pump needed replacing. I looked at numerous pumps and finally settled on a 3/8" in/out Air Diaphragm pump. If you search back thru my old posts, you might find where I made the change. I'll guess it was in 2016-2018 but that's just a wild guess.
Anyways, it works wonderfully, the only issue I ever had was the noise of the compressor. I solved that by moving the compressor to my shop which is 80' away as I ran power from the sugarhouse to the shop. I laid a 3/4" heavy wall black poli pipe as an air line, and being it was uphill maybe 2', I put a bleeder line in at the lowest point. That line comes off at a tee, facing downward, then it goes up the outside wall of the sugarhouse and it has a ball valve. That's so I can blow off moisture that accumulates. I open that valve mid fall and late spring to blow off the moisture. The pump I got was only rated for 200F but I've never had any issue with it and I have drawn off from the finisher into a 6 gal funnel tank at 205-210F but apparently by the time it hits the pump it's cool enough not to damage the diaphragm. My pump is an ARO by Ingersol Rand. For my air, I have the 3/4" transfer line from the shop into the sugarhouse, then it goes into a 3/8" rubber air hose. Just before it enters the pump I have a pressure regulator and a ball valve. Since my power goes from the sugarhouse to the shop, to run the pump, I leave the compressor turned on and turn on or off the breaker to the shop. It is now quiet in the sugarhouse, all I hear when pumping syrup is the strokes of the piston working the diaphragm. The air powered pump gives total control for speed and pressure. I run the air to the regulator at up to 125 PSI, then the regulator just before the pump brings it down to run at whatever speed I want it to pump. After the fack I think even a 1/4" in and out syrup hoses would be fine, but this works so i'm not likely to change to the smaller pump. I am very glad the temperature worked, I was taking a risk, but at the time my thoughts were that the 200F rating was likely not an absolute I figured they likely had some leeway. So far it's been good, at 5 or 6 years in.