Closed Thread

Thread: 4-400 gpd ro

Default 4-400 gpd ro

Been getting for the season for the last couple of week. I did a Compleat ro wash in ' 22, put the membranes in solution and stored them in a freeze. safe place and brought them out to do a start up wash . I have a aquatec 8800 pump with 4 - 400 gpd membranes. one is new this year . trying to run a wash with needle valve open with the permate and consentrate sin the same bucket. ssap is not going from the first membrane into the 2 nd. membrane but sap is coming out of the permeate line no sap from t he concentrate line . When I turn the permate valve off the pressure doesn't go up. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm stumped, going to start boiling raw sap tomorrow till I get this figured out. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Check o-rings on bottom of membranes. Are they loose? Fully seated in bottom hole of housing?
    D. Roseum
    www.roseummaple.com
    ~100 taps on 3/16 custom temp controlled vacuum; shurflo vacuum #2; custom nat gas evap with auto-drawoff and tank level gas shut-off controller; homemade RO #1; homemade RO #2; SL SS filter press
    2021: 27.1 gallons
    2022: 35 gallons

A buddy came over today and we started trying different things and it came down to a couple of pushing fittings that were not completely seated. It seems to be working OK. Thanks D Roseum for answering my post.

Guess I spoke to soon. After doing a rinse I set it up to run sap. and now I have permeate going to the concentrate tank and 2 % to the permeate tank.

Sounds like you might have the outlet ports switched on one of your housings, or the o-rings are bad at the bottom of one of your membranes. First run this year for me and I had to replace a couple rings. Was pushing sap right past them and into permeate outlet.
    D. Roseum
    www.roseummaple.com
    ~100 taps on 3/16 custom temp controlled vacuum; shurflo vacuum #2; custom nat gas evap with auto-drawoff and tank level gas shut-off controller; homemade RO #1; homemade RO #2; SL SS filter press

Thanks, that sounds like a possibility. Going to check that out this morning.

Is it possible the membranes are bad since they were stored 2 yrs?

When you say "stored them in a freeze" what do you mean? Did you let them freeze? If so, they might be shot.
    D. Roseum
    www.roseummaple.com

I'M sorry stored them where they wouldn't freeze. My problem now is the concentrate is coming out the where the permeate should be coming out. I have consentrate , left outlet, permeate rt. outlet. Have to close down the permeate line to raise pressure. Not right I know

Closed Thread