+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pipe line with dumping stations vs. Atv& wagon

Default Pipe line with dumping stations vs. Atv& wagon

You guys are great. Thanks for your inputs.
    Now, for next year ( he says with sap flowing) I'm considering Installing a pipe line through the bush with dumping stations. Do any of you have experance with this? I have to do something to reduce the labor. Also thinking of an ATV with a wagon. I have a gathering tank. The down side to this idea ( besides price) even a 4x4 might not get through. Looked at track converstions more $$$. any thoughts. Bruce

Bruce,
    Just an idea:
    we use a 2WD John Deer Gator with two 95-gal. galvanized horse tanks in the bed. We don't have a lot of slope to deal with, so it may not apply for you, but we do have to climb a couple of short steep inclines, and it handles them with no problem. It also handles the load well.
    We used to use a JD tractor (not sure what model, I'd say x-large garden size) with a trailer, and the Gator tears up the ground a LOT less, it's easier to maneuver and get off and on, and it has two seats.
    If you go to the pictures in my signature you can see how we had it set up last year, this year we reaplced the barrel with another tank.
    Doug
    Maple Creations
    Coatesville, IN
    350 taps on 5/16 tubing & 4 Lunchbox pumps
    MemProTec Concentrator 300 RO
    Wood-fired 30"x8' D&G Model 500 raised-flue w/Steam hood & blower
    Smoky Lake finisher, D&G filter press,
    http://www.facebook.com/maplecreations

SUGARSMITH Guest

I use a 6 wheel 4 wheel drive gator, only when there is no snow. I have hound it to be useless in 4 or more inches os snow. But the hanndiest thing I have ever owned the rest of the year

Good point, we don't usually have a lot of snow.
    It does not steer well with a full load and snow on the ground. That's very entertaining to my kids for joyriding, but not so much fun when collecting.
    Doug
    Maple Creations
    Coatesville, IN
    350 taps on 5/16 tubing & 4 Lunchbox pumps
    MemProTec Concentrator 300 RO
    Wood-fired 30"x8' D&G Model 500 raised-flue w/Steam hood & blower
    Smoky Lake finisher, D&G filter press,
    http://www.facebook.com/maplecreations

+ Reply to Thread