+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do I make lemonade from a lemon?

Default How do I make lemonade from a lemon?

Hey all,

Looking for some help. I’ve only made soft maple candy leafs once so I have little candy making experience.

Where I’m at is this, I just pulled a 5 gallon bucket of finished syrup from 23’ out of the freezer. I intended to transfer it all into gallon jugs for a customer, which went fine, but I found about, 3 inches of candy like sugar at the bottom of the bucket while emptying.

Clearly that buckets syrup had gotten a little hot and make some crystallized syrup when I finished it last year. What can I do with it now? I thought about pouring it into molds but I don’t think it will set up and harden. Can I mix it up with some syrup and take it up in temp to make granular sugar? Is it to far already? I certainly don’t want to waste it. Any advice is appreciated!
    1990-2013 - 35+, 7/16, on milk jugs+3gal galv buckets, 55gal drum firebox, 125 year old 10 gallon porcelain pot, outdoor boiling fun.
    2014 - 40+ Built a 10x12 sugar shack, new 2x3 Mason.
    2015-2023 - 75+ 5/16 Buckets, 3/16 tube, DIY RoBucket, on the mason in the shack, me, the dogs, sometimes the ole'lady, and defiantly a few beers.

UVM Proctor Maple Research Center, Underhill Ctr, VT

Add water to dilute it back to syrup. Reboil until the density is correct.
    Dr. Tim Perkins
    UVM Proctor Maple Research Ctr
    http://www.uvm.edu/~pmrc
    https://mapleresearch.org
    Timothy.Perkins@uvm.edu

Thanks Doc, I sort of figured I could do that but wasn’t sure so thanks for the vote of confidence!
    1990-2013 - 35+, 7/16, on milk jugs+3gal galv buckets, 55gal drum firebox, 125 year old 10 gallon porcelain pot, outdoor boiling fun.
    2014 - 40+ Built a 10x12 sugar shack, new 2x3 Mason.
    2015-2023 - 75+ 5/16 Buckets, 3/16 tube, DIY RoBucket, on the mason in the shack, me, the dogs, sometimes the ole'lady, and defiantly a few beers.

+ Reply to Thread