+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Labels

Default Labels

Hello All,

Im curious what you are all doing for custom labels.
    I'd like to find an affordable source of custom labels that wont break the back for glass bottles.
    All hlep is appreciated.
    Thansk,
    Bryan
    2024 - 160 taps, Shurflo 4048. Sap Sucker 4-D. Mason 2x4 Raised Flue. 5x400 RO.
    2023 - 121 taps. Shurflo 4008. Sap Sucker 4-D. Mason 2x4 XL, 4x150 RO. 20 gallons.
    2022 - 103 taps. Shurflo 4008. Sap Sucker 4-D. Mason 2x4 XL, 4x150 RO. 23 gallons.
    2021 - 77 taps on Shurflo 4008. Sap Sucker 4-D. Mason 2x4 XL, 4x150 RO. 22 gallons.
    2020 - 70ish taps on Shurflo 4008. Mason 2x4 XL. DIY R.O. ~24 gallons.

I used Avery permanent labels and designed and printed my own for years. Just search avery design and print and it walks you right through. The labels I used held up well. They would even survive the dish washer but the ink would wash out some. I have a template on my old computer if you'd like to look at one I can post it here after I take my personal info off. I just have to get the old lap top out.
    125-150 taps
    Smokey Lakes Full pint Hybrid pan
    Modified half pint arch
    Air over fire
    All 3/16 tubing
    Southern Ohio

We use Vistaprint for our labels. For a small fee they will work with you to design something. When ordering, volume = discounts and they always have 40-50% off coupons if you look for them. Probably still more expensive than making your own but they are glossy print, water resistant and stick very well.
    305 taps on 2 Shurflo's, 31 taps on 3/16" and 229 taps on gravity. 565 in all
    Mountain Maple S3 controller for 145 of the vacuum taps
    2x6 Darveau Mystique Oil Fired Evaporator w/ Smoky Lake Simplicity Auto Draw
    Wesfab 7” filter press

I use sheetlabels.com for clear permanent labels. They can print colors, including white. I have been incredibly pleased with the quality, price and durability of these.

I buy them on a roll and they often have 20% off deals amd free shipping.

Example of what mine look like can be seen here (i order a size that fits the 250ml leafs, 12 oz bottles, and 1000ml bottles):
    https://blogger.googleusercontent.co...-sugarbush.jpg
    D. Roseum
    www.roseummaple.com
    ~100 taps on 3/16 custom temp controlled vacuum; shurflo vacuum #2; custom nat gas evap with auto-drawoff and tank level gas shut-off controller; homemade RO #1; homemade RO #2; SL SS filter press
    2021: 27.1 gallons
    2022: 35 gallons

+ 1 on Vistaprint. You can use your own pics you have stored to make your own labels. Once you get in there and get used to navigating all the shapes, sizes, fonts, colors, and everything else they have, it gets fun. Prices are reasonable, and like is said above, they're always having sales. I would recommend going to the site on your desk or laptop. Navigating the site on your phone isn't easy, because they have so many options.

I use https://syruplabels.com/ for my glass bottle labels. I made my own for years and just got sick of the hassles I always ran into with my printer, ink, laptop getting older, etc. The labels I made also didn't like the humidity, rain, and handling on market days. So, I made the jump to having them made by a professional. There's a one-time upcharge for the first batch as they do the setup. After that you are just paying for the label and I think it's free shipping. Every January they do a big discount where I paid $229 for a roll of 1000 labels back in 2020. I'm small time so that lasts me a long time. It's more than the pennies I would pay making them myself, but it's hard to put a price on hassle-free. They do look really nice, too. I added a picture of my sugarhouse as the background.

I'm not sure how they compare to Vistaprint. I think Vistaprint was pretty basic when I made the switch way back. I'll check them out. Maybe they've upped their game.
    Woodville Maples
    www.woodvillemaples.com
    www.facebook.com/woodvillemaples
    Around 300 taps on tubing, 25+ on buckets if I put them out
    Mix of natural and mechanical vac, S3 Controller from Mountain Maple
    2x6 W.F. Mason with Phaneuf pans
    Deer Run 250 RO
    Ford F350
    6+ hives of bees (if they make it through the winters)
    Keeping the day job until I can start living the dream.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanD View Post
    I use https://syruplabels.com/ for my glass bottle labels. I made my own for years and just got sick of the hassles I always ran into with my printer, ink, laptop getting older, etc. The labels I made also didn't like the humidity, rain, and handling on market days. So, I made the jump to having them made by a professional. There's a one-time upcharge for the first batch as they do the setup. After that you are just paying for the label and I think it's free shipping. Every January they do a big discount where I paid $229 for a roll of 1000 labels back in 2020. I'm small time so that lasts me a long time. It's more than the pennies I would pay making them myself, but it's hard to put a price on hassle-free. They do look really nice, too. I added a picture of my sugarhouse as the background.

I'm not sure how they compare to Vistaprint. I think Vistaprint was pretty basic when I made the switch way back. I'll check them out. Maybe they've upped their game.
    Shawn at Syrup Labels does an outstanding job IMO. Fast turnaround and the quality is first class. Much better than printing your own and gives the finished product a professional appearance.
    John Allin

14x18 Hemlock Timber Frame Sugar House 2009
    Leader 2x6 w/Patriot Raised Flue Pan 2009
    Leader Steam Hood 2014 - Clear Filter Press 2015
    Leader Revolution Pan and SS Pre-Heater 2016
    CDL Hobby RO & Air Tech L25 Hi Vac Pump 2019
    06' Gator HPX to collect wood & sap
    14' Ski-Doo Tundra for winter work in the woods
    Great Family 3 grown kids+spouses and 7 grand kids who like the woods
    7th Gen Born in Canada - Raised in Chardon Ohio - Maple Capital of the World..<grin>.

We have been using Printrunner.com Very satisfied and I belive a little cheaper than vistaprint. Obviously, volume is cheaper

+ Reply to Thread