+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mid/southern Ohio 2023

Hybrid View

I hear you Markcasper, but I no longer do this as a business and I have enough for personal needs. I just won't be able to be as generous in what I give away. I have seen at least 3 favorable weather patterns come and go and still I do not get good runs. The next 4 days will be 60 plus degrees and that will reek havoc on lines, taps and tanks. I may stick it out next week, but that's about it. I am a one man crew and an old man at that. I am tired and ready to move on. I feel for those who are seeing the same poor production and are trying to make syrup to market.
    125-150 taps
    Smokey Lakes Full pint Hybrid pan
    Modified half pint arch
    Air over fire
    All 3/16 tubing
    Southern Ohio

This has been and continues to be an educational and fun first season for sure! As for the 60 degree weather causing havoc, do you guys recommend any line and/or bucket cleaning for maintenance? I’m on buckets and drop tubes in the woods, and collect with buckets as well. I always rinse out my collection buckets that I bring back to the house but haven’t done anything with the buckets and lines and taps in the woods. Should I make this a priority today or soon?

Hoping things turn around Buckeye Gold!

+ Reply to Thread