+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Started in Clinton Corners, NY

Default Started in Clinton Corners, NY

I put 150 taps in today, gonna put another 100 or so out tomorrow by the end of tapping today the first bucket had 2 gallons of sap in it. It was pouring out of the trees like crazy!

Steve
    80-100 taps
    2x6 patrick phaneuf Evaporator

welcome to the 2008 season. Get ready for lots of sap in the middle of the week.

decided to hold off on the last bit of taps as their looks to be a nice cold snap coming. Collected 200 gallons put half of them through the evaporator before i went to bed. will finish probably thursday as the weather isn't looking conducive for me to boil
    Last edited by MaplePancakeMan; 02-06-2008 at 11:42 AM.
    80-100 taps

Made much syrup yet? I was close to you today, sure smelled like the sap should have been flowing in the lowlands.

Made 5 gallons of really light (but flavorful) syrup as of now, should have another 300 or so gallons of sap tomorrow morning weather has been up and down, it stopped flowing during the rainstorm. Just started running again this morning.
    80-100 taps

Default tapping?

im in upstate ny near watertown. nice to see another new yorker on here. been running more lines but not goin to tap til presidents day. i thought id be early but you got me a little nervous now. Ah, we're up in the sticks. We'll be ok. Hows the sugar content so far? Last year was weak, was hoping it would improve this year.

You are not in the sticks until you get to West Potsdam. I will just keep one eye on the weather net.
    Maple syrup makers never die, they just evaporate.

Kubota M-5040,Kubota B-2650,Kubota XRT 900, Sugarhouse is now a guest cottage.

Sugar Content is right around 2.2-2.5 right now.

Fred is right, i thought i lived in the sticks, until i went up there to look at colleges with a friend a year or so ago. We stayed in Massena and went to potsdam, St. Lawrence etc. It was so Rural lots of good farm stands though!

Still have yet to work out my relationship with my RO she's very needy.
    80-100 taps

boiling down the last 175 gallons today, boy is it cold out there. Figure with my set up between the weather and temps next couple days i wouldn't have gotten to do it til thurs. On the bright side, the tank froze 2" all around so it was 2.2 when it went in and right at 3% when i started feeding to the tank.
    80-100 taps

That's diehard boiling outside today. If you get the chance again, move the sap and let it freeze another night. Before I got a lot of taps I'd get it up to 6% by moving the sweet to different tanks to freeze.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast