+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Little help, please!

Default Little help, please!

Hello All,
    I need a littel help. We are using 50 ml maple leaf bottles as wedding favors for my son's wedding in August. I have gold shrink wrap but he and his fiancé would like to have gold foil rather than shrink wrap. I can only find foil tops for a 250 ml bottle top. Does anyone know where I can find gold foil caps that would fit small bottles? Even foil caps that would fit a 100 ml bottle would be better than what I can find.
    Thanks for your help,
    Tom

Not sure what they want but try Bascoms. They have things for nips. Waxing looks really nice also.

Worst comes to worst, make your own. If you determine what diameter is needed, then get a die cutter that size, get some sheets of gold foil and make them. The right size die should be available online.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Hopefully this helps. Looks like he has a few different ones in different sizes
    https://bascommaple.com/products/glh...775caa7b&_ss=r
    54 Acres bought in Sept 2010, hope for a lot of fun
    Kabota 3400 w/ bucket
    couple Husky chainsaws and a couple of Stihl
    Big dream
    2011 = 106 on gravity tubing, 100 bucket
    2012 =700 vaccuum 100 gravity 80 bucket's
    30" x 12' Vortex with Leader Revolution Max Raised pans
    2013 = 1200 vac, 200 gravity, 5 buckets, buying from 300 buckets, 500 vac
    Springtech RO 600 Deluxe
    2015= 1800 all vac @ home, buying sap from 1200.
    2017= 2200 all on vac. no longer buying sap

Default Thanks

Thanks guys!
    I am intrigued by the wax idea. I purchased some goil foil but when it arrived I discovered it was crap. I'll keep looking.
    Thanks again

On my bourbon barrel aged maple syrup I use wax on every bottle, it looks great. If you go that route I highly suggest you buy a cheap wax melter (for waxing hair for removal). I used several methods before I decided to buy a wax melter, that changed waxing from a time consuming to a very simple task. The one I bough uses a 75 watt heating element, and it has an adjustable thermostat. plug it in, set the temp, and do something else for 45-60 minutes, then wax the tops, I dip each bottle in 2x about up to 1" below the cap, then I slowly turn the bottle until the wax is almost set, then I dip it in cold water. When finished, I refill the wax beads, and let it cool. a pound of beads does a few hundred bottles.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

+ Reply to Thread