+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3/16" line disconnects for tractor paths

Default 3/16" line disconnects for tractor paths

Howdy,

Very new to the line aspect and just tapped 45 trees with 3/16" line gravity setup with about 25' of drop. The 1 run the gauge went up to 18 which figure was top shelf for the setup. Now to the point for me to continue replacing my 200 buckets I need to cross a few of my bush trails...

One looking for what others have done or do to have an option to pass lines using disconnects and also to ensure when leaving in the bush you can still move around.

For the 3/16" lines I found these on Amazon. Brough them to setup vacuum gauge to use on my 3 lines but thought maybe they would work. Also interested in what peeps do with their mains.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0B6HCBB5P?...roduct_details

Those look good. I have 3/16 tubing crossing three places on my woods roads. All three are down grade a ways from the top tap. I just run my line up a tree 8 feet across the raod and down another tree. The sap will flow up and over these lifts if you have at least 10-15 feet of rise above them. That way I just drive under them. I never checked how much vaccum I lose, but I haven't seen any less sap
    125-150 taps
    Smokey Lakes Full pint Hybrid pan
    Modified half pint arch
    Air over fire
    All 3/16 tubing
    Southern Ohio

I agree with buckeye, while its not an ideal set-up, it would be better than putting disconnects in the system.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Hi All

Really appreciate the feedback. One item that causes me heart burn is my main drop away from the location in question but going up an over did not occur to me. Still lot to learn with these line things. Might try a disconnect too if I can this year

If there are any others that have feedback please chime in

I have had really good luck using these fittings on 3/16 tubing.
    https://www.freshwatersystems.com/pr...-x-1-4-id-barb

I use them to connect to my vacuum pump manifold using standard 1/4 push-fit (john guest style) connectors. I have also used these where I need to be able to disconnect a small branch in my tubing for 2 sets of 4 trees near the top of a line at the end of the season to make coiling it up easier. You just don't want these under tension. Slip hollow braided rope over the lines and use that to draw the two ends tight (to each other, creating slack at the connection, or via anchoring to a tree).

I have also used 5/16" push fit connectors with great success to join 3/16 semi rigid tubing directly. Again, you don't want this under tension amd would use the braided rope to pull tight and create slack in the tubing line at the connection.

https://www.freshwatersystems.com/pr...r-5-16-push-in

https://www.freshwatersystems.com/pr...connector-5-16
    D. Roseum
    www.roseummaple.com
    ~100 taps on 3/16 custom temp controlled vacuum; shurflo vacuum #2; custom nat gas evap with auto-drawoff and tank level gas shut-off controller; homemade RO #1; homemade RO #2; SL SS filter press
    2021: 27.1 gallons
    2022: 35 gallons

+ Reply to Thread