+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cdl hobby 200

Default Cdl hobby 200

Just purchased a used cdl hobby 200 and new filters does anyone know the flow direction for installing the filters?I put them in with the top cylinder flowing towards the end and the bottom flowing away but want to be sure. I’d hate to ruin $750 worth of filters

Here's a link to CDL's manual - maybe it's in there?

https://www.cdlusa.com/wp-content/up...V-01022019.pdf
    John Allin

14x18 Hemlock Timber Frame Sugar House 2009
    Leader 2x6 w/Patriot Raised Flue Pan 2009
    Leader Steam Hood 2014 - Clear Filter Press 2015
    Leader Revolution Pan and SS Pre-Heater 2016
    CDL Hobby RO & Air Tech L25 Hi Vac Pump 2019
    06' Gator HPX to collect wood & sap
    14' Ski-Doo Tundra for winter work in the woods
    Great Family 3 grown kids+spouses and 7 grand kids who like the woods
    7th Gen Born in Canada - Raised in Chardon Ohio - Maple Capital of the World..<grin>.

We were told the direction of the membrane itself was not as critical as it needs to be orientated the same every time it is installed. The cups are what is critical. I don't recall off the top of my head which way they are. I know the manual can sound a little confusing or seems to be lacking in this area. Read the section about cup orientation a couple times.

I am making a trip to our CDL dealer in the morning and will double check the orientation of the membranes and cups. They have been very helpful in the past to us.

Mike
    Tapping since 1985 (four generations back to early to mid 1900s). 200-250 taps on buckets and then tubing in the mid 90s. 2013- 275 taps w/sap puller 25 gal. 2014-295 taps w/sap puller 55 ga. (re-tapped to vacuum theory) 2015-330 taps full vac. 65 gal, 2016-400 taps 105 gal, 2017-400 taps 95 gal. 2018-additional 800' mainline and maybe 400 new taps for a total near 800 taps. 2x6 Leader WSE (last year on it) supported by a 250 gph RO.

I have the cups oriented correctly but not sure the flow directions of the filters. There must be a proper direction since it’s printed on the filters that say say cdl.

I’m having the same issue I installed both of mine w arrows facing the U-coupler that u do not take apart.W the cups facing away from that. It is working for me. Flow is slow I’m acid washing the membranes this weekend to hopefully fix that.

ARROW POINTED UP WHEN INSTALLED. WITH THE UCUP ORING ON THE BOTTOM WITH THE WIDER PART FACING DOWN. MUCH EASY THAN RUNNING A clear press...........................
    Fred Ahrens
    330-206-1606
    Richards Ohio Maple Equipment
    Ohio CDL sales rep
    LaPierre Dealer
    H&M maple fabricator Dealer
    Service Tech/repair for all brands and electronics

don't take life too serious, nobody gets out alive anyways!

+ Reply to Thread