+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bender releaser

Default Bender releaser

Got my vac setup delaval pump with a bender it's been working fine now all of a sudden I have an issue with my bender releaser. For some reason the float just seems to bounce and it doesn't want to hold vacuum. I have taken off the setup I have teed into bottom nipple of the glass which is a tee with a check valve on each side mainline and dump line. Vaccuum will about suck my hand through it with the t disconnected. My best guess is I have a bad check valve? But not sure anyone have any ideas on troubleshooting this?

Look up my post on a bender releaser from 2016
    This was the way that I got mine to work the best!
    Pictures included
    115 red maples on vacuum
    100 taps on 5/16 gravity
    35 taps on 3/16 gravity
    50 taps on shurflo vacuum
    about 60 buckets on giant roadside sugars
    neighbor bringing from 45 taps
    30'x 8' Aof/Auf Evaporator
    Homemade 125gph Ro
    Lots of Homemade Equipment!

http://s848.photobucket.com/albums/a...%20Sugarshack/

Quote Originally Posted by ctjim View Post
    Got my vac setup delaval pump with a bender it's been working fine now all of a sudden I have an issue with my bender releaser. For some reason the float just seems to bounce and it doesn't want to hold vacuum. I have taken off the setup I have teed into bottom nipple of the glass which is a tee with a check valve on each side mainline and dump line. Vaccuum will about suck my hand through it with the t disconnected. My best guess is I have a bad check valve? But not sure anyone have any ideas on troubleshooting this?
    There needs to be some added weight on top of the existing weight (washer) when running higher than 15". Additionally, it sounds to me like you have some major leaks back in the woods which is causing it to act in the manner you describe. If your pulling in air from leaks the jar can't hold enough vacuum causing it to bobble, at least thats what I found when I used to use them. You need to have a person at the releaser to reset it/dump it manually while you go fix the leaks. They also don't like to work and will freeze up with high moisture in the air, even well above freezing b/c vacuum freezes up at a higher temp. A candle underneath or some kind of heat source blowing on it helps with this problem. nKeep in mind that you probably will top out at 19-20" of vacuum tops using these because of their continual hissing of vaccum away.

Also, I hope you have a trap between the pump and releaser? check and make sure your trap, vacuum tank on the pump, and line between all are clear of liquid, otherwise this can cause the same problem for any releaser, even the factory ones. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by markcasper; 02-16-2023 at 02:43 AM.
    Mark

Where we made syrup long before the trendies made it popular, now its just another commodity.

John Deere 4000, 830, and 420 crawler
    1400 taps, 600 gph CDL RO, 4x12 wood-fired Leader, forced air and preheater. 400 gallon Sap-O-Matic vacuum gathering tank, PTO powered. 2500 gallon X truck tank, 17 bulk tanks.
    No cage tanks allowed on this farm!

Default Bender

Thanks Mark I will have to check. Although it has been working great I had fixed about every big leak I had except for a couple very tiny ones at a couple saddles as soon as I tapped i walk my mainline justabouteveryday when pump is on to try and catch any major issues. . Even when I first tapped and turned the pump on it would hold some vac and I could tell it was working. Now I went and pulled the loop at my 1st saddle which is about 25ft from the releaser and I get nothing no change the way the releaser acts it just kind of stutters . I'll have to tinker with it more and see what happens
    Quote Originally Posted by markcasper View Post
    There needs to be some added weight on top of the existing weight (washer) when running higher than 15". Additionally, it sounds to me like you have some major leaks back in the woods which is causing it to act in the manner you describe. If your pulling in air from leaks the jar can't hold enough vacuum causing it to bobble, at least thats what I found when I used to use them. You need to have a person at the releaser to reset it/dump it manually while you go fix the leaks. They also don't like to work and will freeze up with high moisture in the air, even well above freezing b/c vacuum freezes up at a higher temp. A candle underneath or some kind of heat source blowing on it helps with this problem. nKeep in mind that you probably will top out at 19-20" of vacuum tops using these because of their continual hissing of vaccum away.

Also, I hope you have a trap between the pump and releaser? check and make sure your trap, vacuum tank on the pump, and line between all are clear of liquid, otherwise this can cause the same problem for any releaser, even the factory ones. Hope this helps.

+ Reply to Thread