+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3" CDL moisture trap leak

Default 3" CDL moisture trap leak

I finally got my lines and pumps all set. I noticed my new 3" moisture trap from CDL leaks some air through the bottom nipple. I assumed this was for draining the water out but didn't figure it was going to seep air through it. Is this common or something I am not understanding?

Seeping air in a moisture trap is no common. what level are vacuum are you running and is it leaking from the outside thread of the nipple or from within?

Quote Originally Posted by ecp View Post
    Seeping air in a moisture trap is no common. what level are vacuum are you running and is it leaking from the outside thread of the nipple or from within?
    It was right around 25"-26". It's leaking enough I could stick a racquet ball on and it held fast. I was hoping to look into it more today but work got in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by cjf12 View Post
    It was right around 25"-26". It's leaking enough I could stick a racquet ball on and it held fast. I was hoping to look into it more today but work got in the way.
    Check for ice. If it doesn't drain completely and then gets cold, the ice will hold it open. Could have some other debris in it as well. Take it off and inspect it. If it's damaged, replace it.
    King 2x6 with Steam-Away
    16x34 Sugarhouse
    460 on Vac
    I thot this was supposed to be a hobby

+ Reply to Thread