+ Reply to Thread

Thread: largest producer in state

Default largest producer in state

Saw Leader did a video on Spruce Knob maple nearby!

Canaanmaple
    I have not got a chance to watch the video, though after 10 years they care? Maybe Leader has change their ways under new management, they dropped 300000 dollars worth of equipment, then drove off! Maybe because the owners wife told the Vice President of Leader at that time that we have trees in West Virginia, not brush that she was shown being tapped near Swanton, Vermont
    Mark 220 Maple
    1100 taps on low vaccum, 900 on gravity.
    900 plus taps leased and on high vacuum
    35 cfm Indiana Liquid Ring Vacuum Pump
    80% Sugar, 20% Red MAPLES
    http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/g...Maple%20Syrup/

"West Virginia, not brush that she was shown being tapped near Swanton, Vermont" Not going to start anything but I'm going to point out those are heavy words that could be misinterpreted.

Yes I agree, the Vice President at the time was offended per my buddy Henry Brenneman, so offended that they sent their tubing expert to West Virginia to see why some smart mouth lady that had never tapped a tree or made one drop of syrup would say something like that! So the former tubing expert looked it over and personal told me he had been in every state that makes syrup, his opinion this was probably the best sugarbush he had ever seen! Maybe he got fired for reporting something like that? Just kidding! I doubt if they ever reach their potential in there, 80000 to 100000 taps running directly into the sugar house, small time compare to Vermont sugar bushes, for sure!
    Mark 220 Maple
    1100 taps on low vaccum, 900 on gravity.
    900 plus taps leased and on high vacuum
    35 cfm Indiana Liquid Ring Vacuum Pump
    80% Sugar, 20% Red MAPLES
    http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/g...Maple%20Syrup/

+ Reply to Thread