Quote Originally Posted by TapTapTap View Post
Yup, you can't go wrong. Place a $10 bet with sugarbear at the 100 to 1 odds and if things go bad then go collect your $1000. Better than insurance.
Ken

Yup ...Good idea.

But you are asking him to perhaps be the person he is trying to avoid.

I am trying to assure him that he is not likely to contact that person.

In my experience of consignment in New York, Connecticut and Vermont, with my hand made products selling on consignment, I have sold through 11 different consignors that I can count off the top of my head. All but 1 have worked out well. And ironically the one from Vermont was the only one that did not work out well. After she sold my woodwork and would not pay my portion, I told her that she could keep the money if she needed it for food and would agree not to buy alcohol, tobacco or recreational drugs with it. I sincerely doubt she respected my request.

Based on the OP's tap count I don't think he is bringing in 6000 gallons of syrup to a coffee shop.

So my say is ...... go with your instincts and give it a try. If it does not work out you lose a little money, if does you sell your syrup. I like his chances.

Don't worry, he is not going to put your Vermont Made Maple syrup out of business.

Although that consignment shop in VT did go out of business. Then she came back for a while and then back out.

And I thought there was only good hard working honest people in Vermont like yourself!

Who wooda thunk it!