+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for input to utilize a Simplicity autodraw on a reverse flow evaporator

Default Looking for input to utilize a Simplicity autodraw on a reverse flow evaporator

I'm looking for a solution to use my Simplicity auto draw off on a reverse flow evaporator. My thoughts were to place a probe in each of the draw off locations and connect the 3 wire connection to a board which a switch could be used to take reading from the front or rear probe, isolating the other probe. Each probe has 3 wires and the head only has 1 set of connections. I'm having difficulty in visualizing so any input would be appreciated.
    2022 - 157 taps, 40 gallons of syrup
    2021 - 171 taps buckets and tubing, 41 gallons of syrup
    2020 - 225 taps bags and tubing, 45 gallons of syrup
    2019 - 180 taps buckets and bags, 50 gallons of syrup
    Lapierre 2x8 Vision with reverse flow, hood & preheater
    Leader Micro2 RO
    Lapierre 10" short bank press

You can do that. I just ran 2 sets of wires from the probes to the control box. One set labeled A the other B. Then I connected the A or B as desired as I was boiling. I just pulled the A off and connected the B to reverse. That way a switch was never in danger of getting bumped and switched by mistake.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Maple flats that would work but I was hoping to configure a switch for each probe. Could really use a Radio Shack about now.
    2022 - 157 taps, 40 gallons of syrup
    2021 - 171 taps buckets and tubing, 41 gallons of syrup
    2020 - 225 taps bags and tubing, 45 gallons of syrup
    2019 - 180 taps buckets and bags, 50 gallons of syrup
    Lapierre 2x8 Vision with reverse flow, hood & preheater
    Leader Micro2 RO
    Lapierre 10" short bank press

+ Reply to Thread