+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BBQ sauce/maple mustard labels

Default BBQ sauce/maple mustard labels

I think we’re going try our hand at making some maple mustard and bbq sauce. For those who sell it, where do you get labels made for the item and for the nutritional facts?
    305 taps on 2 Shurflo's, 31 taps on 3/16" and 229 taps on gravity. 565 in all
    Mountain Maple S3 controller for 145 of the vacuum taps
    2x6 Darveau Mystique Oil Fired Evaporator w/ Smoky Lake Simplicity Auto Draw
    Wesfab 7” filter press

Not too sure about labels. But you are lucky to be in Maine with their new updated cottage food laws. Cheers to that!
    6th season solo sugar maker in a young sugar bush of mostly red maples
    320 taps
    2x6 self built arch, Flat pans w/ dividers
    New 12x16 sugar house
    CDL hobby 250 RO

Ya, that kind of sparked the discussion. It's not something we will advertise on a large scale but we are trying to get some different items for the few craft fairs events we do and I want to experiment this summer.
    Wesfab 7” filter press

Check with your local and state laws. We just came out with a bbq sauce and had to get it verified through a university lab. They certified it for acidity levels and also came up with nutrition label. Its not like syrup where there is a universal label. Also must be packed in a certified kitchen being that its not a single ingredient item
    Kevin

Thanks. Correct, it will vary depending on ingredients. We have a few things to look into for sure. The labeling was just one step. We’ve used vista print to make a bunch of stuff and I know syruplabels is out there as well. Just looking for all the options.
    Wesfab 7” filter press

I have a place here locally that makes our labels. Its a decent price, only issue is they require 1000 at a time

Ya that’s the problem with most I’m finding. To be reasonably priced, it’s in the 1000’s to buy. I’m going to try a design on Vistaprint and see what that costs to start.
    Wesfab 7” filter press

+ Reply to Thread