+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sublimes Maple adventure

Quote Originally Posted by wobbletop View Post
    Just use imgur.com or bbimg.com for pictures. They will provide a link you can paste in your post.

I don't know why they don't just kill the hosting of pictures on this site. It's very clunky.
    signed up for imgur.com and have some pics there but when I due the add pic from URL I get invalid url or it shows

"IMG https://imgur.com/gallery/9mUfRxw /IMG " in the replay but when posted I get nothing There is suppose to be [img] I took the [...] out so the txt would paste but wondering what I'm still doing wrong. I want to get the pictures to post as most people love pics of setups and what not and its a great way to document how your setup has changed over the years.

this is the Imgur link

https://imgur.com/gallery/9mUfRxw

imgur needs a couple steps. Right click on image -> get image link -> paste that between the img tags

I think bbimg will give you the code directly.

2015 - 8 buckets, 332L sap, 8.5L syrup - Barrel evaporator, 2 steam pans
    2016 - 8 buckets, 432L sap
    2017 - 10 bags, 470L sap, 9L syrup
    2018 - 20 bags, 1050L sap, 17.6L syrup
    2019 - 20 bags, 970L sap, 22.2L syrup
    2020 - 17 bags, 813L sap, 17L syrup

Think I may have this now. First year Ground Stove boiling away. It Did okay but was a pain to have to kneel down and feed the wood under the pans to keep it going. But was made out of all stuff I just had lying around so no cost other than the cost of the pans I guess.

And a tree with the Milk jug and bungee cord for collection. Had to go and collect sap every night the 2nd year we went to using 5 gallon buckets and weekend collection's more or less.

Last post of my first year setup. This is my Brother-in-Law he built this stove for sap boiling and its works pretty good. Not the fastest by any means but its been my finish it off stove as I have gotten bigger and more pans I still run this one as the last stove when I run in Batch's. I try and run 40 gallons of sap and get it all down to 1-2 gallons and then the wife takes that into the house and will finish off on the stove in there where Heat can be better controlled. All depends upon how much things want to foam up if its a foamy run I'll finish run in a pan instead but I like to try and finish in the round pot then I don't have to worry about scorching the pan as much.

But for a stove made out of a barrel and scrap iron this works just fine. It usually gets set up on cement block or car ramps to make it a bit higher for feeding wood into.

So there that is year 1 9 trees tapped on milk jug's the ground stove and barrel stove I think we cooked for 3 weekends before we called it a season.

I'll have to ask the wife how much syrup we made but that was pretty much Season 1 for us in a nut shell.

Pretty decent for not knowing I was going to get into the syrup business till my Nine year old daughter got a sap starter kits for xmas. Heck had to go out and struggle to find trees that first year as well. Im not the best at maple bark spotting. Red Oak/White Oak/Pin Oak/Cherry/Walnut/Shaggy Bark Hickory I got those real good but maples are more of a challenge for me.

Year 2 season will be coming up.

1st year side pic of my ground stove

1st sap ground stove.jpg

Year 2 old home basement stove set up for sap boiling
    Basement Stove Set for Sap.jpg

I need to figure out how to make the Pics bigger?

me and making big Pics just not getting along.

https://imgur.com/Y4ZTVFl

what due I need in front and behind to get them to input into the post?

thnx.

Very cool. I'm on year three as well. My first year had only 4 taps and I started way late in the season. Literally had only a few days before the sap stopped. This year I'm going to 25+ taps. Still small, but I need to work through the basics. Lots of fun regardless.
    2021 - First year: 4 taps; Tapped too late; 4.5 gallons of sap
    2022 - 11 taps; 20 gallons of sap
    2023 - 23 taps. 3.5 gallons of syrup; founded TruNorth Maple Co.
    2024 - 30 taps...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast