+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FOR SALE: MAPLE SUGAR PACKET PRODUCTION SETUP (Strafford, VT)

Default FOR SALE: MAPLE SUGAR PACKET PRODUCTION SETUP (Strafford, VT)

MapleTrader isn't allowing me to upload photos, so I've uploaded them here: https://imgur.com/a/aw0WbgP

Have you ever been to a Starbucks and thought, "I see white sugar, Stevia, Sweet'n'Low, but WHERE are the maple sugar packets?" Well, here is all the equipment you need to make and sell your own!

- Flexible Packaging Machine

This machine was manufactured by Foshan Jason Packing Machine Company and imported to the USA by yours truly. Sounds complicated but it's actually a fairly simple machine to use and setup. It could technically be used for any dimensional packing for any kind of loose product (salt, sunflower seeds, makeup?), but the packet former is custom made for the width of a sugar packet (you can order a former from Foshan Jason if you wanted to change up the dimensions). The way it works is the sugar is dumped from the hopper into a spinning dish which measures out ~4g of sugar volumetrically. The sugar is then dropped into the packet via the former. The packet (polypaper) is sealed, cut, and voila, a maple sugar packet!

- Hobart 20 Quart Mixer

This mixer is for producing the sugar itself. Runs great. Never had to tinker with it. No weird noises. I am the second owner; the first owner was a baker and never used it for pizza dough (the great punisher of commercial mixers). Comes with dough hook and paddle.

- Steel pan rack/10 pans

For drying the sugar

- Steel table

Sanitary work station

- 30 gallons of maple sugar

We do have a BOAT LOAD of maple sugar we'd be willing to sell.

- Packet paper, packet boxes

We have rolls of packet paper and boxes, which are branded.

-------------------
    REASON FOR SELLING?
    -------------------

Sadly, we are giving up our entrepreneurial maple pursuits. Our time and attention has been redirected to a Tartan 34 sailboat which we are prepping for an indefinite sail-around-the-world adventure this October. Gotta see the world before it all goes to hell!

Let me know if you are interested in any of all of the above products or have any questions! Everything is located in Strafford, VT.

I have that exact hobart from a butcher who used it with the grinder attachment. Trying to find out the year of it. (think its 91 maybe) Runs so smooth and quiet. Can't believe they sell for what they do on ebay even that old!

Don't know anything about sugar packets, but I do know sailboats...

Tartan 34 builder and founder of Tartan Yachts - Ray McLeod - was like a second father to me and was buried at sea "in Lake Erie" off of my boat.

Good luck with your travels. John
    John Allin

14x18 Hemlock Timber Frame Sugar House 2009
    Leader 2x6 w/Patriot Raised Flue Pan 2009
    Leader Steam Hood 2014 - Clear Filter Press 2015
    Leader Revolution Pan and SS Pre-Heater 2016
    CDL Hobby RO & Air Tech L25 Hi Vac Pump 2019
    06' Gator HPX to collect wood & sap
    14' Ski-Doo Tundra for winter work in the woods
    Great Family 3 grown kids+spouses and 7 grand kids who like the woods
    7th Gen Born in Canada - Raised in Chardon Ohio - Maple Capital of the World..<grin>.

+ Reply to Thread