+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for Backyarders/Hobbyists to Chat With/Visit

Default Looking for Backyarders/Hobbyists to Chat With/Visit

Hi All -

As part of a course I'm taking, I'm interested in talking with a few hobbyist/backyarders with buckets and less than 100 taps. You know who you are, folks with very limited resources that are balancing a full-time job and family. Ideally would love to meet with a few folks in northern Vermont (where I am) to learn a bit about the various processes that people develop and what tools they use to manage their very limited time. If you're not too far I'd love to come visit your backyard and see how you work and what challenges you're dealing with. Maybe this week/weekend during a final boil? Alternatively we could chat on the phone if you're interested in sharing your story and you're in another state. Please reach out via private message or let me know here if I can reach out to you directly. This isn't a scam, I'm studying product design and trying to learn about the process beyond my own personal experience. Thanks so much and good luck to everyone who's wrapping things up this week.
    2020 - 7 Late Taps, Open Fire, 1 qt
    2021 - 25 Taps, Barrel Evap, Bucket RO...Fever Setting In! Made 2.5 gal
    2022 - 30 Taps, 5 gal
    2023 - 30 Taps, Blower Fan, Insulated Evap

Im a new back yard cooker my self this being my 3rd year,
    Quick run down
    Year 1 9 taps and Milk jugs cemment block ground stove with 2 pans and home made barrel stove with 2 pots.
    Year 2 15 taps with 5 gallon buckets. Old house wood stove with 3 pans. small barrel stove with 2 pots, Fischer Fireplace stove with small pans and pots and 1 barrel stove with pan
    Year 3 19 taps all year 2 stoves plus a 2nd big barrel stove. Start 40 gallons at 7am can be down to the 1 gallon by 3pm

Year 4 goals is to get some 55 Gallon Barrels and have 3 different barrel collection points instead of Buckets and use Buckets where I have more single tree's. Also to get stove into a sugar shack and not have to cook outside

Will send you a PM with my contact info.

me and the posting pics not working so good on this site yet but I have a thread about my garage build that ranges far and wide about things and some of my maple setup this year is on page 37 of my garage journal thread which is here.

Year 4 want to due some RO as well instead of all the time it takes to boil down.

https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/...266239/page-37

+ Reply to Thread