+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Highest brix concentration for 500 tap RO? Lapierre turbo the best option?

Default Highest brix concentration for 500 tap RO? Lapierre turbo the best option?

Looking for some advice. I'm going to have around 500 taps and would like to be able to concentrate to 12+brix with an RO. I'd like to get 6-8% on a single pass. From what I've read on here most small ROs are hobby and only do 50% water removal on first pass.

Are there any other ROs that can go from 2 to 8 brix on a single pass that are for a smaller bush?

Side note, I see Lapierre doesnt make a turbo anymore, is the 1000 series the same as the turbo 125 and able to go to 6% or greater in one pass? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    2019 50 aluminum buckets, selling sap. First year 19.7 gallons of syrup
    2020 130 on 3/16 tubing and 30 on aluminum buckets

you need a pressure pump and feed pump in order to get above 10%. smaller rigs have a hard time getting past 8% even with many passes, usually more than 2 passes results in plugged membranes. you're in the middle of efficiency and economics at that tap count. best to get a good used rig that does 12-15% in a pass and settle for less gph.
    Fred Ahrens
    330-206-1606
    Richards Ohio Maple Equipment
    Ohio CDL sales rep
    LaPierre Dealer
    H&M maple fabricator Dealer
    Service Tech/repair for all brands and electronics

don't take life too serious, nobody gets out alive anyways!

I’m guessing Carl will be along shortly, but the larger RO bucket kits will do 6%, and I believe the RB25 said 8% last I checked. Their new single-post rig advertises 10%. Send them an email to confirm these numbers and I bet you get a quick reply.

I could be wrong, but I think that of the smaller (250ish gph) most don't have recirculation pumps, so doubling the sugar content is the most efficient, though you could go to 6-8 in one pass if you don't mind running a little slower. BUT there are a few with recirculation pumps that will go to 10-12 in one pass. Off the top of my head, I think the cdl 250, the lapierre 250 and maybe MES or Memprotec have a model set up like that. You can probably tell by price. The leader micro 2 is under $4000. I think the cdl 250 is over 6.
    -Ryan

Went off the deep end. Might be in over my head...

Default Turbo 125

I’ve had a Lapierre Turbo 125 for 3 years. It easily goes to 12 B in one pass. I’ve had some minor problems due to the “user” but the fellows at Lapierre were incredibly quick in responding to me and both times had me up and going in less than 12 hours. Just a heads up, the manual isn’t the greatest but if you take your time and use some common sense, it’s quite a simple machine. Cheers, Carl Hansen (probably not the Carl DairyVet was considering )
    2x6 Phaneuf, Lapierre 125 Turbo

I had a LaPierre 250 turbo and could easily get to 8% on one pass and wherever I wanted in the teens on the second pass the LaPierre turbo machines all had recirculation pumps on the membrane towers. My machine was very dependable and performed well for the 16 years that I owned it.
    Russ

"Red Roof Maples" Where the term "boiling soda" was first introduced to the maple world!

1930 Ford Model AA Doodlebug tractor
    A couple of Honda 4 wheelers
    Four chainsaws and no chickens!

+ Reply to Thread