+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Surge SP-11 Help

Default Surge SP-11 Help

Does anyone know where or if you can get parts for an old Surge SP-11 dairy vac pump? Or does anyone have any spare parts pumps they are willing to get rid of? The gear inside the pump has been stripped and no longer will create vacuum. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

Try Hamby Dairy Supply in Fla. If no luck there try Wormuth Dairy supply in Morrisville, NY. If each fails ask them for other places to try.
    By the way, have you tried a machine shop, I've known machinists who made gears for equipment that no longer had support.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Thanks, I'll try those places. We did talk about trying a machine shop. We noticed the gear is not metal, not sure what it is actually made of? Wondering if it has been replaced in the past?

I know a buddy who made a rather unique gear for a machine in the printing industry, but that was about 20+ years ago, and before he retired.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Try "Parts Department Dairy Supply" in Sharon Ct.
    First introduced to making maple syrup in 1969
    Making syrup every year since 1979
    3 x 10 oil fired
    Revolution syrup and max flue pan
    Almost 1300 taps total with 900 on high vacuum
    Bought first Marcland drawoff in 1997, still going strong.

+ Reply to Thread