+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clark county

Good deal.

We went up today and tapped our trees. All 31 of them. About 2/3 were dripping. There was still anywhere from 8-12+ inches of snow in the woods. I think it may be starting for us. Hope so as we have 2 grandchildren coming from Des Moines in a week and would like to introduce them to making sweetness. Hope all have a good season from micro producer Mike!

Went to the cabin Wed. Roads were snow covered(didn't expect that) All the buckets were full of ice. Had to wear snowshoes still alot of snow in the woods. Fell down carrying 2 buckets of sap. 3 times I took a digger. Did I mention I hate snowshoes? Had to get out the tractor to get my truck on stuck. Got home and finished the syrup. Had problems with the filtering. But we did get 1.5 gals of syrup. Going back on Sunday. Hope for a better day! For me this is kinda like the old tractors that I have. You gotta love it or why would you do it. Did I mention I hate snowshoes? Mike the mini-producer.

Party is over for us. Pulled the taps yesterday and finished the syrup today. 404 gals sap produced 10.125 gals syrup. Good season for a little guy. Hope everyone else did well (or are doing well) or at least enjoyed the time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12