+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clark county

Default Clark county

Went to the cabin today and tapped my 27 trees. Two were actually dripping a little. Going to up tapping next week. 3 more trees. Big producer. Saw some tapped by Willard. Good luck to all.

Went to the cabin today. Nothing in the bags. Kinda of a disappointment. Oh well. Got my truck stuck but was able to pull it out with one of my tractors. Was able to talk to our logger and the sun was out so not a total loss. Is there anyone on here close to me? Just curious.

I'm between Neillsville and Greenwood. I tapped on Saturday, not enough sap to even collect yet, a few bags might have a couple quarts in them. I have 120 taps on mostly red maples.

We are just a little west and north of Greenwood. We do go home through Neillsville sometimes.

Finally starting. We didn't have much at the start of the day but all the trees were dripping pretty good when we left for home. Good luck to all.

Finally got some sap. 70g from 30 trees. Not great but a start. Bought some buckets from a large producer near by and he said it's just starting for him also. Good luck to all.

Picked up about 80 gallons tonight (from the last 24 hours) on the 100 bags I have left that the d@mn squirrels don't have holes chewed in. Which I would say is pretty decent for this late in the year. Heard a couple peepers when I was finishing up, which is kinda like the fat lady singing..

We went home through Greenwood and Neilsville. We went up Sat. lots of ice in the bags. We did boil the little bit we got. (not sure why) Going up Wed or Thurs. Should be the end. We had a couple good runs but alot of driving for the ride. But having thought we would have the worst year we are now we are having the best year for us. My partner is burning out fast though. Oh well. Have some to share with friends and relatives. Will report at the end!

You should have some full bags when you get back. It ran all night last night. Some of the bags were just about over the top tonight. But some also had very little, which you can expect this time of year. Good clear sap the last few days too. WEIRD season for sure.

Wannabe you were right. Went up on Thurs and collected 82 gallons. Some bags had indeed overflowed. Will go up once more and pull everything and call it a year. Different year for us. Went from what seemed to be a bad year to our best year yet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast