+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pricing Syrup

Quote Originally Posted by motowbrowne View Post
    I like this idea (enterprise budget might be the name) and I think it's a great thing to do, even if it's not the only info you use to set your price. The costs, energy, bottles, filters, and even equipment (divided by how many gallons it can produce over its service life) is pretty easy to figure out. Labor is gonna be tough to keep accurate track of though.
    Thank you! Businesses have to start thinking more independently and actually look at their numbers rather than relying on someone else to come up with pricing and follow them. Sorry I'm not staying up til 4AM to not make a profit hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Kh7722 View Post
    Russ,

I agree with you on most things except this. We sell ours for more than all others around us and sell more in volume and dollars than anyone else. I convinced one guy to raise his prices and he sold more. Producers can base their numbers offbof others production. Pay yourself and cover your costs. The price is the price.

Kevin
    Same here. I don't offer any price breaks after a case of quarts. I have a few people that buy multiple cases. I've offered to put them in touch with bigger producers and they usually just keep buying mine. I won't complain.
    -Ryan

Went off the deep end. Might be in over my head...

I like to track labor and expenses and see where they land at the end of the year and then compare to the outside market pricing which many of us are forced to work within. Definitely better ways to make a few $$'s but as with many on this thread there are ancillary benefits hard to put a dollar value to.
    My early years I'm sure my labor value was far in the negative $/hr. However a decade later and based on 2021 volume of 235 gallon of finished product I was able to earn active family participants ~$20/hr after other expenses. Wolfcreek I congratulate you for wanting to understand your investment. I have seen other small producers at farmer markets with very low prices in comparison and wonder if they are aware of their true cost of production.
    2x6 Smokey Lake raised flue w/AUF
    16x30 Sugar Shack
    7" SL SS filter press
    Smokey Lake water jacketed finish pan & bottler
    350 RO
    517 taps and I seem to keep finding more!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12