+ Reply to Thread

Thread: R O is running

Default R O is running

collected 60 ish gallons from 80 taps thursday,4o gallons yesterday ,warm night sap didn't come back down ,,,,,,,,, doing the second pass through the ro now ,,hey ,this is cool ,my girlfriend uses those [ hey google,turn lights on/off at whatever time ,plug in things] and i wanted to do the first pass through ro but had to work .did some quick math w/ gallon per hour and pluged the ro plug into the google wi fi plug to start and said,"hey google turn off at 3pm " it worked great ,i had it turn off leaving a couple gallons , check it out ,its a time saver for sure

I made a device that will turn it off RO when the flow rate drops (or stop) on the permeate line, but I have heard of folks using those outlets and aiming a webcam at the tubing to shut it off remotely! It's great to be able to have things run when you're not around, especially for those of us that do this as a hobby.

I use a GRL8-02 level controller to turn it on and off depending upon the sap levels in the tank. Very reliable and automated.

https://youtu.be/9_Eq_sq6Tp0
    D. Roseum
    www.roseummaple.com
    ~100 taps on 3/16 custom temp controlled vacuum; shurflo vacuum #2; custom nat gas evap with auto-drawoff and tank level gas shut-off controller; homemade RO #1; homemade RO #2; SL SS filter press
    2021: 27.1 gallons
    2022: 35 gallons

+ Reply to Thread