+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Replacement aquatec 8852 diaphragm

Default Replacement aquatec 8852 diaphragm

Hi all,

I posted this question in the pumps section but did not get any replies, I’m hoping maybe someone with a homemade RO might know.

I am trying to find a replacement diaphragm for my aquatec 8852 pump. Anyone know if the replacement diaphragms for the aquatec 8851 are the same as the ones for the 8852? I’m looking on line and the ones that say they are for the 8800 series all say they fit the 8851.

For example: https://www.worldwidewaterfilters.co...er-53-082.html

This will be the 7th season for my 8852 on my homemade RO and I figure I should have a replacement on hand.

Thanks everyone
    Sugaring since 2000.
    2022 - 113 taps on tubing and gravity. Homemade evaporator and RO.
    2023 - 120 taps on 5/16 and gravity added a float to the pan an built a new 5x400gpd RO

Default Lucky Me

I happen to have one of each, both non-functional after sitting the off-season dry, from the last two seasons. I took both caps off yesterday and they do not match exactly, the 8852 having pink plastic rotors and the 8851 i got last year a tan matching the lid itself. Your post got me looking around, too, and this site: https://www.waterfilterstore.com/pum...iaphragms.html shows them both side by side for $29 each. Too bad I already ordered a new 8852 yesterday on Amazon for $105, or I'd be giving them both a try right now. I will certainly bookmark this page for when the third pump dies next spring. I have no confidence in them surviving the off-season, as it seems improbable that water can be kept inside the cap, if that is even the problem here. Any tips from one able to have theirs make it 7 years would be most welcome. Nevertheless, I admire your Be Prepared ethos.
    My 8852 is quite dead, silent along with it's transformer, having been run for hours in a futile attempt at drawing suction. The 8851 replacement and transformer are still alive, but will not move the lye flush water through, not even the pump only. I did re-position the check valves back and forth on the lower outlets to no avail. Just lucky, I guess.
    seem to have peaked @ 20 taps: bags on hangers
    Homemade RO
    2 or 3 gallons syrup per annum, formerly with wood fire arch and batch pans
    then Dark Star 2.0 burner and 8 gal Megapot Brew Kettle with ball valve
    transitioning now to 30x17x9 flat pan

rarely have so few toiled so much for so little

Sap Aussie Gidget,
    and my one and only Jill

http://twodogsgonewild.blogspot.com/

82cabby,
    I am curious if you had any luck in finding a replacement diaphragm for you Aquatec 8852 pump? I am in the same boat as you and would like to have a spare 'just in case' but, like you, I am not having much luck in finding the correct replacement. I certainly do not want to discover that my pump is not pumping at any time during the short processing season!

I contacted aquatec and they said they don’t sell individual parts like that directly to consumers so they gave me a name of a supplier. I spoke with the supplier a week ago they were able to confirm that “the 8852 has a 3 degree cam where the 8851 has a 2 degree cam” so they should be different. The supplier reached out to aquatec for the part number and hasn’t heard back.

I’ll update if and when I get an answer.
    Sugaring since 2000.
    2023 - 120 taps on 5/16 and gravity added a float to the pan an built a new 5x400gpd RO

Quote Originally Posted by wilfredjr View Post
    Any tips from one able to have theirs make it 7 years would be most welcome.
    All I do is drain the pump as thoroughly as possible and store it inside during the off season. I never let it freeze, the RO enclosure has a thermostat and a light bulb to keep it at 40 degrees during the season. Otherwise I just use it.
    Sugaring since 2000.

+ Reply to Thread