Maple season is almost here! Funny how last season this thread was started on 2/2 anticipating a storm. One day and a year later- same situation. For those who like the snow, Let's Go Landon! (The storm name)

It's been a cold winter so far, and I don't see an end in sight. A few years ago I was looking back at the weather of January's past, and without going back to that data I think this past month feels like a January of old. I know this year we bypassed any January thaw. Any predictions on tapping time? Someone should start a pool.

In any case I'm ready whenever that happens. I did build a second concrete arch this past summer so my production rate should be improved this season. I'll be looking to tap more trees and boil more in a session. We need 15 gallons this year.....consumption has increased! Last season warmed up too fast and I had to dump fermented sap, probably 1.5 syrup gallons worth. Hopefully with more boiling capacity I can avoid that issue. I also updated all my storage and collection buckets, so I've got 300 gallons of storage. No more milk jugs this year as well-all collect is in 1.5 to 3.5 gallon buckets via tubing. This will eliminate overflowing jugs in heavy flow days.

We'll see how it all unfolds as the season progresses. Best of luck to all the backyard enthusiasts and everyone "mapling" in 2022!!