+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nova scotia 2022

Default nova scotia 2022

Whats everyone think about season start? Temps have been up and down like crazy, seems like days it could be running now, but i'm no where near ready.
    I'm tempted to set my taps this weekend anyway, but i hate to put them out too soon

Hope everyone has a great season

over here on the south shore it been a little on the ''cool'' side for the last few days. this am i had -21 c when i got up, but here's hoping we will be getting some decent weather coming soon.i'm ready except for giving my buckets a good rinsing out. it sure wouldn't hurt any if the darn snow with that hard ice on top were to go away either.

she's been pretty brisk here, looks like we might get a small run this week (+6 for 48 hours) hope to get some taps in so this can flush my lines. still have to get the roof finished on my shack so i can put my stack back up....

Home-Hutchinson Acres are all tapped in the Valley. Two other people in Yarmouth are tapping this week. I am taking this year off.
    D&G 24x96 with 12 inch cook plate Drop Flue Evaporator, Home made Preheater & Hood. Home made Butter Machine. D&G 7" Short Filter Press. http://www.facebook.com/HillbillyMapleSyrup/ 300 Taps on Vacuum , 2016.

Here in central NS I think it's still too cold for us. I don't usually get any sap till March most years.
    My Operation may not be big, but it's small.

we've had a couple good runs sofar, looks like i've got enough to boil this weekend for sure... now to get my shack put back together so i can, the weekend storms, and deep snow have sure slowed the work in the woods...

these last few days have been pretty good for me. with the corn snow it's pretty hard to get around now and i'm all spread out. i'm on buckets again this year with mostly all reds, but their running fairly decent. got around 90 gal. sap ready and after tomorrow collecting i'll start boiling this weekend. looking like a good start for the year.

I tapped yesterday sap was running some. Got my stove set up today. Tomorrow should be a good run . Got to get my vacuum going tomorrow an check for leaks. Two of my friends are tapping this week.
    D&G 24x96 with 12 inch cook plate Drop Flue Evaporator, Home made Preheater & Hood. Home made Butter Machine. D&G 7" Short Filter Press. http://www.facebook.com/HillbillyMapleSyrup/ 300 Taps on Vacuum , 2016.

what a day today. i'm just a hobby kind off guy but today i collected 67 gal. all reds except 4 sugars and all again this year on buckets. the next few cold days are going to put a stop to it i guess. first it was ice and snow today mud and more mud. i've got a 35 gal. tank on the back of my atv and it was a pain trying to get around. i guess you guys with vacuums must have done great next year hopefully i'll be set up on at lest some of my trees, i'm getting to old for collecting all these buckets.

Got sap yesterday, boiled today all done, pans are getting sweet. Cold next few days.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast