+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tapping 2022

Default Tapping 2022

Tapped today! Good luck everyone, hope you have a great season.

I have put up some new lines and made new drops but not thinking of tapping for about another month.

Tapping this weekend unless long term forecast xhanges. Still debating on getting a new pan or not...

Default Tapped and tapping

Tapped 6 trees last week (2/7) with minimal flow (2 gal/5 days. Feel i jumped the gun. Tapping my other 6 this weekend, but following week is only 32 as a high. Tricky weather this year.
    2019 4 taps on concrete block arch, 2 pans 1.5 gal
    2021 6 taps on oil drum evap

First Boil. Probably tapped a little early this year but missed out last year due to the weird weather. Have collected about 15 gallons of sap in the month since I tapped, time to boil some.

We tapped 175 trees last weekend (2/19/2022). Up from 100 last year. Weather reports showed favor for sap flow the following week. And as usual, the weather did not pan out as they reported. First flow was today (2/20/2022).

Weather men have the only job where you can be wrong 50% of the time or greater and still hold that job.

Happy sugaring to all!

Good sap run 2/28 to 3/1 collected 12 gallons out of 3 trees. Started my second boil of the year. I have about a gallon of super sweet concentrate from my first boil.
    Last edited by BBAMS; 03-01-2022 at 06:45 PM.

Finally finished some sirup today. Ended up with 8 1/2 pints after my 3rd boil. Temp today in Central IL is over 70. Need more sap runs to get to my 2+ gallon goal from 3 trees.

Ran 51 gallons of sap today, finished with a gallon of filtered syrup. Will bottle tomorrow, and get ready for the next batch on Wednesday or Thursday.

183 taps this year. Collected 700 gallon so far, cold nights this week may slow things down some. Marc

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast