+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tapping in KY yet

Default Tapping in KY yet

Hi anyone out there. Is anybody in Kentucky tapping trees yet. We've had some really warm weather up till a couple weeks ago, but seems like it's going to get time to tap pretty quick. I'm new at this so I just don't know. Geoff

Tapped 3 sugars here in Tennessee this evening. They were dripping pretty good.

Hey, thanks, esetter. I'm in north central KY, and weather predictions are low to mid 30 days for us for a few more days. I think I'm going to wait a bit. Appreciate your response.

I'M in Henry county, KY and I started tapping the first of the year. I've collected another 60 gallons today and have about 250 frozen. I hope to start boiling Friday.

Put 8 more taps in yesterday , all were flowing pretty well. Hopefully collect my first run this afternoon. May boil some Saturday.

Tapped some here Tuesday, and tapping the rest today at the downtown campus. Had some flow Wednesday, should have more this weekend with colder overnight temps.
    Dave Barker
    2014 30 taps, steam tray pans
    2015 ~100 taps, in conjunction with University of Louisville
    2x5 Smoky Lake hybrid pan
    2022 150 taps

Took 35 gallons down to about 8 yesterday. played with new pan. had to do some modification to my arch for it to fit.

Well, I tapped everything (41 taps) yesterday with limited success: 4 or 5 trees running really good, a few more running slow, about half were dry. Hope the weather breaks a little more.
    1st year tapped 5 trees, boiled in pans on rock fire - really smokey taste
    2021 - 20 taps - 4 Gal on barrel stove and pans
    2022 - 9.1 Gal - 41 taps this year. 14 + 7 on 3/16" gravity vacuum. 20 in buckets/bags. DIY RO system - 2/3 water gone - amazing.
    2023 - 59 taps: 25 on 3/16" vacuum line/pump, 30 on 3/16" natural vacuum, 4 on bags. New 2x3 Badgerland pan anxious to try.

Quote Originally Posted by GWebb View Post
    Well, I tapped everything (41 taps) yesterday with limited success: 4 or 5 trees running really good, a few more running slow, about half were dry. Hope the weather breaks a little more.
    It was hit and miss when I collected yesterday for sure.

We're in Northern KY (Grant) but we haven't tapped yet. We have a long cold spell ahead for the next 8 days or so and then we'll see what the forecast is like before we tap. But we are getting anxious as we hear of others already tapping!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast