+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sugarhill jugs

Default Sugarhill jugs

Anyone know how far behind Sugarhill is producing the silk screened jugs? They are telling me it is 54 weeks but talking to another person he said now way and some are getting them much quicker..

The jugs we ordered last feb -march just came in. Hope the order from aug. comes in around the beg. of sugaring or so.
    Blaisdell's Maple Farm
    started on a 2x2 pan in 2000 and now
    custom built oil fired 4x12 arch by me
    Thor pans Desinged by Thad Blaisdell
    4600 taps on a drop flue 8-4 split

We ordered in April from Bacon Jug. They said 3 months. That was 6 months ago. Talked to someone who picked some up yesterday. No clue about who gets them and who doesn't
    http://www.northfamilyfarm.com

Tim
    2,500 taps on two pipelines
    Busch Vacuum Pump
    MES Three Phase Three Post RO
    2X10 Leader Vortex Max Flue pan, Enhanced Steamaway
    Electricity made with wind and solar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Anyone know how far behind Sugarhill is producing the silk screened jugs? They are telling me it is 54 weeks but talking to another person he said now way and some are getting them much quicker..
    Are you talking about Sugarhill jugs that have been custom printed with your design/artwork or with generic design/artwork?

I looked into transitioning to Sugar Hill this summer as the Ampak availability became uncertain. Fortunately that didn't play out and I have been able to get Ampak.

I use custom stickers on blank jugs. Sugar Hill blanks are available but I was told by Sugar Hill that they were not taking any more custom printing accounts for the time being, and generic jugs, depending upon the design or printing, were months out.

So, what people are saying about obtaining jugs likely depends on exactly what product they are using and referring to.... and if they have had an account with Sugar Hill prior to pandemic... or when they were ordered.
    About 750 taps on High Vac.
    2.5 x 8 Intens-O-Fire
    Airtech 3 hp LR Pump
    Springtech Elite 500 RO
    14 x 24 Timber Frame SugarHouse
    16 x 22 Sap Shed w/ 1500 gal. + 700 gal. tanks
    www.littlehogbackfarm.com

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralStark View Post
    Are you talking about Sugarhill jugs that have been custom printed with your design/artwork or with generic design/artwork?

I looked into transitioning to Sugar Hill this summer as the Ampak availability became uncertain. Fortunately that didn't play out and I have been able to get Ampak.

I use custom stickers on blank jugs. Sugar Hill blanks are available but I was told by Sugar Hill that they were not taking any more custom printing accounts for the time being, and generic jugs, depending upon the design or printing, were months out.

So, what people are saying about obtaining jugs likely depends on exactly what product they are using and referring to.... and if they have had an account with Sugar Hill prior to pandemic... or when they were ordered.
    December 2020 silk screened custom jugs, 11 year customer. Now they say another month due to the lack of workers. I guess this is a thing to come for everything in the future.

I will have to switch over to labels for the next order. Too much manual labor putting 3 colors on each jug. With the labels they are just run through an assembly line.
    Last edited by Mark; 10-28-2021 at 10:12 AM.

We have orders in through jan of '23 as they are currently at 12 1/2 months. We have a load coming for oct'21 which was ordered dec 5th '20. Due to be delivered after thanksgiving.
    Fred Ahrens
    330-206-1606
    Richards Ohio Maple Equipment
    Ohio CDL sales rep
    LaPierre Dealer
    H&M maple fabricator Dealer
    Service Tech/repair for all brands and electronics

don't take life too serious, nobody gets out alive anyways!

+ Reply to Thread