+ Reply to Thread

Thread: amish made steam bottler need electric element for it.

Hybrid View

Default amish made steam bottler need electric element for it.

I am getting a steam bottler built at the Amish and I need an electric heating element that has a thermostat. I checked here and could not find a recommendation and also tried a few beer web sites as well.

1. Need to have a thermostat.
    2, needs to go in water.
    3. 1500 watts seems to be about right for the watts.
    4. Needs to be installed into stainless steam pan?

Advice?

thank you!!!

Craig
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is where I bought my tank. They list a heater. https://www.mannlakeltd.com/immersio...olt-1500-watts

I built my own heater with a 4500 watt element. I got their 40 gallon tank. It takes about 3 hours to get to canning temp.
    William
    950 taps
    3 X 12 Thor pans on a Brian Arch
    CDL 600 expandable

Look up "Screwplug Heaters" you will have to search for the higher wattage you need. I used a water heater element and a 220 volt immersion thermostat for my setup and it works great. Check "Hobby Water Jacket Bottle Filler" to see the pics. Jay
    Zucker Lager

I have been using a hot water tank element for a few years and it works great ! I use a 3500 watt i think but it really doesnt matter much because it is operating on 120 v not 240 and its threaded just find a pipe collar that it will thread into. I got a pan made about 2 in high more may be better that fit under my bottler. I use an electronic controller and an scr ( electronic relay) but a regular relay that will handle 15 amps will do. put the thermocouple as close to the bottom or where it touches the syrup pan.

+ Reply to Thread