+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for gas powered dairy pump

Default Looking for gas powered dairy pump

Let me know what you have. Thinking of putting new bush on line, about 400-500 taps. Would prefer a dairy pump with gas engine as electricity is not an option. Feel free to DM

Thanks
    Mike
    CDL 2x8
    Around 4000 taps
    Polaris ATVs, Ski Doo snowmobiles to get around
    Atlas Copco pumps
    Lapierre two post RO

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/j...Sugar%20shack/

sent you a message.
    7000 taps on vacuum, just trying to get a little better every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Maplewalnut View Post
    Let me know what you have. Thinking of putting new bush on line, about 400-500 taps. Would prefer a dairy pump with gas engine as electricity is not an option. Feel free to DM

Thanks
    Mike
    I have a surge sp22 with no motor on it that would be a perfect candidate. Western Pa.
    Andy's Own Maple
    Andy Kinter (4th + generation maple producer)
    Approx 790 taps on vacuum

3x10 nat. gas fired raised flue small bros.
    600 gph Lapierre RO
    Fine collection of used bulk tanks
    Kubota MX5100 sap hauler
    2 hives (that I don't spend enough time on)
    A great family that works together to make syrup!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Andys...27718203945398
    http://photobucket.com/mapleack

Thanks all, I have an extra sp-22 also that I think I will just convert. Engine availability looks like an issue like everything else. Even predator engines are back ordered
    CDL 2x8
    Around 4000 taps
    Polaris ATVs, Ski Doo snowmobiles to get around
    Atlas Copco pumps
    Lapierre two post RO

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/j...Sugar%20shack/

Quote Originally Posted by mapleack View Post
    I have a surge sp22 with no motor on it that would be a perfect candidate. Western Pa.
    I am interested in your sp-22. How much are you asking for it? And is there any chance that you are going to LEME this year? Please PM me.
    Matt,
    Minehart Gap Maple

I have a spare Alamo vacuum pump with gas engine and reclaimer I can part with.

I can't believe how many functioning Sp22s are still out there. I've been pulling 28 inches on mine for 6 years with a fan on it with no issues.
    Remember to keep on ticking while the sap is dripping.
    2016- 50 buckets. Made 4 gallons.
    2022- 3750 taps + Smartrek! Made 1300 gallons.
    2023- 3750 taps after removing a pump house and connected two woods. Made 800 gallons.

i also have 2 standalone pumps- a Delaval 73 and a Surge Alamo 100, they need vanes/bearings but are good pumps still.
    also a Surge Alamo 100 with a gas engine ready to go if anyone is looking.
    7000 taps on vacuum, just trying to get a little better every year.

Try Northern Tool, it looks like they have Hondas in horizontal shaft. I suggest about a 389CC. I used a 240CC on a Surge 75, it used almost2x the fuel that I needed when I ran the same pump on a 389CC. I removed the original tanks and set up a 4.5 gal generator replacement tank when I had the 240CC engine, it ran for about 17 hrs, on about 2/3 throttle. When I swapped the engine for a 389CC, I added a second tank, both at the same level, on a stand I built beside the pump and both were tee'd together. Then in use I discovered the bigger engine used less gas than the 240 to run the same pump. It got almost 30 hrs on 4.5 gal of gas. I did run it at maybe 45% of full throttle and had a bigger drive pulley on it. After the first fill up, I never again used the second tank, I just closed the shutoff for that tank.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

+ Reply to Thread