+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Generator/ new tubbing woods???

Hybrid View

Default Generator/ new tubbing woods???

Hey guys, I will be setting up a new woods ( high vac 5/16 and first time. I have a bunch of 3/16 on gravity) I have done a ton of research but would like some advice. The woods I will be tapping has no chance at having electricity. I will be having to run a generator. I will be running 1.5 hp vac 3 phase with vfd and also a electric releaser either a 1/2 or 1hp pump. My question how large of a wattage unit would go with and any other advice/ recommendations. My one concern is finding one that will be good for continued use. Thanks for all hep. You guys are all awesome.

i ran a 3 hp w/ vfd and a 1 hp sump pump on a 10,000 watt generator, so that combo should be fine. the biggest thing is keep it cool and under cover, i actually ran a box fan on mine when it got over 55 because it would run better.
    7000 taps on vacuum, just trying to get a little better every year.

Quote Originally Posted by collinsmapleman2012 View Post
    i ran a 3 hp w/ vfd and a 1 hp sump pump on a 10,000 watt generator, so that combo should be fine. the biggest thing is keep it cool and under cover, i actually ran a box fan on mine when it got over 55 because it would run better.
    And you'll want to keep the pump station above freezing to prevent problems with your electric releaser. Also, the discharge line should pitch down hill without sags to prevent freeze ups.
    Ken & Sherry
    Williston, VT
    16x34 Sugarhouse
    1,500 taps on high vacuum, Electric Releaser & CDL Sap Lifter
    Wood-Fired Leader 30"x10' Vortex Arch & Max Raised Flue with Rev Syrup Pan & CDL1200 RO
    https://www.facebook.com/pumpkinhillmaple/

+ Reply to Thread