+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Adjusting to our sugar maple being gone

Default Adjusting to our sugar maple being gone

Trying to reseed the area. People walking by have said how sorry they are. It was in really bad shape. The other 2 big maple have been trimmed but will eventually need to come down. The silver maple in the driveway kept having entire branches break off in storms and fall on the garage roof and last year the car. That has 3 main branches coming off the trunk. We had it cut to 14'. Really ugly looking in April. To compensate, it grew all small branches and filled out. 20210523_102853_HDR.jpg20210802_135344.jpg20210523_102853_HDR.jpg20210802_135344.jpg

Well, what's left is short enough that they shouldn't land on the house, if they still look compromised you may want to park the car farther away.
    So sad when you lose the resource, even if you were only tapping a few taps at most.
    I'd let you come watch me boil, but I quit and sold my evaporator. I'm just buying it in barrels from a friend, then repacking it so at least I still get that sweet aroma.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

+ Reply to Thread