+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Micro ro 1 & 2

Default Micro ro 1 & 2

Tried looking stuff up on these but havent found much. Just wondering what everyone is getting for gph concentrate and permeate for both single post and double post. Think ive read that single post is suppose to do 125gph and 2 post was suppose to be 250gph? If you have one of these how many taps do you run? Looking at getting upwards of 1000 next couple years and wasnt sure if maybe this would be a little small or not. Thanks for all the help!
    2016 — 10 taps on a turkey fryer
    2017 — 58 taps on a Leader Half Pint
    2018 — 250 taps?? Leader 2x6 WSE

12x20 Sugar Shack
    2005 Honda Rincon sap hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Sly41985 View Post
    Tried looking stuff up on these but havent found much. Just wondering what everyone is getting for gph concentrate and permeate for both single post and double post. Think ive read that single post is suppose to do 125gph and 2 post was suppose to be 250gph? If you have one of these how many taps do you run? Looking at getting upwards of 1000 next couple years and wasnt sure if maybe this would be a little small or not. Thanks for all the help!

I bought my micro 2 midway through the season this year and was happy with it for the money. Your numbers look about right for splitting sap into equal parts permeate and concentrate. You can push the sugar content a little higher in one go, but it won't be as fast. .

Honestly though if you're talking about 1000+ taps, I'd be thinking hard about a 600 gph unit. Unless, that is, you're planning on getting a bigger cooker. Of course you can always use a smaller RO for a few years and upgrade when needed. It seems like they hold their value very well.
    Last edited by motowbrowne; 06-05-2021 at 11:05 PM.
    -Ryan

Went off the deep end. Might be in over my head...

+ Reply to Thread