+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battery powered pole saw

Default Battery powered pole saw

Waiting on a Greenworks pole saw. Have been switching to battery powered tools for the past few years. Going to see how this works to clean up limbs we can reach. Will post later...

I have the dewalt hedge trimmer pole saw combo... works unbelievable!!
    Belle Hollow Syrup
    Canaseraga, NY

375 Taps
    Smoky Lake Hybrid 2x4
    100 GPH RO
    Oil barrel Arch

The pole saw is a great idea. I have a battery chainsaw (Stihl MSA 120). I love it for small stuff. Everyone laughs until they try it out and realize you can be done a small cut faster than you can start a gas powered saw.
    Ken & Sherry
    Williston, VT
    16x34 Sugarhouse
    1,500 taps on high vacuum, Electric Releaser & CDL Sap Lifter
    Wood-Fired Leader 30"x10' Vortex Arch & Max Raised Flue with Rev Syrup Pan & CDL1200 RO
    https://www.facebook.com/pumpkinhillmaple/

I don't have a battery pole saw, but the milwaukee 18 volt chainsaw I just got is pretty slick. Not a replacement for a hot 2-stroke, but it's a great tool. Their string trimmer is also super slick. It has the option to put a pole saw on it. If I didn't already have a gas one, I'd probably go cordless right from the start.
    -Ryan

Went off the deep end. Might be in over my head...

While I have 4 gas chainsaws, in 4 sizes, I still use a battery chainsaw on some stuff. It's amazing how far batteries have come, along with brushless motors, they can work wonders.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Quote Originally Posted by maple flats View Post
    While I have 4 gas chainsaws, in 4 sizes, I still use a battery chainsaw on some stuff. It's amazing how far batteries have come, along with brushless motors, they can work wonders.
    And I've yet to be exhausted from yanking on the pull chord, unlike one of my saws.
    Ken
    Ken & Sherry
    Williston, VT
    16x34 Sugarhouse
    1,500 taps on high vacuum, Electric Releaser & CDL Sap Lifter
    Wood-Fired Leader 30"x10' Vortex Arch & Max Raised Flue with Rev Syrup Pan & CDL1200 RO
    https://www.facebook.com/pumpkinhillmaple/

It's my belief that if a saw doesn't start in 4 pulls max, it needs attention, something is not as it should be.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

I just picked up a Milwaukee pole saw and it’s pretty amazing what it will get through on a single battery. If/when my stihl 026 gives up the ghost I may have to check out the 16” Milwaukee.

I've got a Greenworks battery-powered pole saw and chainsaw. (40v). Both are stellar. Unless it's a big job, I go for the battery saw first now over my Stihl MS170. The 291 still gets plenty of opportunities though. The GW pole saw was one of the best tools I've bought. Love it.
    42.82N
    2015 - Small operation. 25 buckets. One excited 5 year old and one 35 year old that feels 5 again.
    2016 - One year older. New Homemade 2x4 Arch, Smoky Lake Pan and looking at 52 maples, 17 box elders and 2 walnut trees.
    2017 - Shurflo 4008 hooked to 42 stingy silver maples and a few Norways. A couple buckets on sugars and Norways. 10 box elders.
    2018 - ...a few more taps.
    2019 - ...more taps on 3/16 gravity. This spiral is heading downward in a hurry.
    2020 - 4x400 RO - RB20 (uh-oh!)

Well after a very long wait, the Greenworks pole saw arrived. Ron went right at it. No little trimming. Right to a big overhanging branch. A huge pile for the village crew on Monday. I created a monster. He'll be driving around on his Cub Cadet carrying the saw looking for work. I'll hide the battery!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast