+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spring Equipment Discounts

Default Spring Equipment Discounts

Just got the April edition of The Maple News and didn’t notice any spring discounts from the major manufacturers or is it still too early?
    12 x 16 Sugarhouse, 12 x 16 Woodshed
    2 x 8 “The Mutt” Evaporator with Marcland Drawoff
    Leader oil fired arch, Dallaire raised flue, Smoky Lake syrup pan and hoods with pre-heater
    New Leader Clear Filter Press/Air Diaphragm Pump
    5” Hand Pump Filter Press from Daryl-One of the first three! On loan to a friend.
    Deer Run 250 gal/hr RO
    A Very Understanding Wife
    "At any time during the day you're only 10 seconds from disaster!"

they really haven't advertised much this year, kind of strange because usually you get 100 different things about it.
    but i know lapierre is 10%, leader is 10-15%, and h20 is 25% discount. just from what i've seen getting prices lately.
    7000 taps on vacuum, just trying to get a little better every year.

Grimm and CDL have there usual discounts from what I see. If feels like the discounts used to be larger, but honestly if you buy in bulk any time of the year you can usually get the extra discount anyways.

ecp, Where are you buying from that they give you a discount for buying in bulk? How much do you have to buy for it to be considered a bulk purchase? I have been at this for 42 years and in that time the only times I have only seen a discount is during the spring and maybe once in a while in the fall.
    First introduced to making maple syrup in 1969
    Making syrup every year since 1979
    3 x 10 oil fired
    Revolution syrup and max flue pan
    Almost 1300 taps total with 900 on high vacuum
    Bought first Marcland drawoff in 1997, still going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by bill m View Post
    ecp, Where are you buying from that they give you a discount for buying in bulk? How much do you have to buy for it to be considered a bulk purchase? I have been at this for 42 years and in that time the only times I have only seen a discount is during the spring and maybe once in a while in the fall.
    I'm in northern Vermont so I go to the cooperate (if you want to call it that) stores not the re-sellers. In general any supplier will get you open house prices if you push on them a little. Everyone thinks of a bulk purchase a little differently, but as an example instead of buying say 10 roles of tubing if you bought 2 pallets or 5 pallets of tubing it is going to be the same price as open house. Same rule applies pretty much across the board they give better discounts for volume (equipment is a little different but you can still get almost the same price by talking to your salesman). CDL even has a general volume discount based on the producers size so I am sure some of the big guys out there don't even bother with open house at all other than the free shirts and lunch.

Cdl is doing 10% on everything and another 5% on stainless equipment. Now through may 7th 15% off everything in stock.
    Last edited by fred; 04-23-2021 at 01:46 PM.
    Fred Ahrens
    330-206-1606
    Richards Ohio Maple Equipment
    Ohio CDL sales rep
    LaPierre Dealer
    H&M maple fabricator Dealer
    Service Tech/repair for all brands and electronics

don't take life too serious, nobody gets out alive anyways!

Quote Originally Posted by ecp View Post
    I'm in northern Vermont so I go to the cooperate (if you want to call it that) stores not the re-sellers.
    Same here. I work in St. Albans so I have been going direct to the CDL store there for years. When I was shopping for a new evap. and other equipment they gave me a discount given the total amount of $$$ I wanted to give them for 30K plus worth of equipment and to this day they still honor that discount on everything I purchase from them, even at my local store. I have always gotten the sense that you had to spend a significant amount of money at once to get the special discount outside of the may sale but there probably isn't a hard fast rule on this. It certainly keeps me going back to them though...
    About 750 taps on High Vac.
    2.5 x 8 Intens-O-Fire
    Airtech 3 hp LR Pump
    Springtech Elite 500 RO
    14 x 24 Timber Frame SugarHouse
    16 x 22 Sap Shed w/ 1500 gal. + 700 gal. tanks
    www.littlehogbackfarm.com

+ Reply to Thread