+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Bulk Pricing

Hybrid View

Default 2021 Bulk Pricing

Good news from our sponsor for bulk producers...

https://www.themaplenews.com/story/s...5FK02c0NtEQ8RU
    About 750 taps on High Vac.
    2.5 x 8 Intens-O-Fire
    Airtech 3 hp LR Pump
    Springtech Elite 500 RO
    14 x 24 Timber Frame SugarHouse
    16 x 22 Sap Shed w/ 1500 gal. + 700 gal. tanks
    www.littlehogbackfarm.com

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralStark View Post
    Good news from our sponsor for bulk producers...

https://www.themaplenews.com/story/s...5FK02c0NtEQ8RU
    Interesting to see the big price difference between Wisconsin and out east.
    -Ryan

Went off the deep end. Might be in over my head...

Hang on you westerners, your price will climb if you wait it out. While you may not get the full increase, it will likely go higher, but only for those who wait, and only if enough hold back until it climbs. I know, some of you are thinking you can't afford to wait, I think you can't afford not to wait.

This all being said, I'm glad I bought my bulk needs before the prices jumped. I did however pay 10 cents higher per pound than what prices were when I bought.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

I'm wondering how soon the bulk price increases will translate to the wholesale and retail prices. Wholesale being sales in retail size containers to grocery stores and retail being the price the consumer pays. We mostly sell wholesale to grocery stores.
    http://www.northfamilyfarm.com

Tim
    2,500 taps on two pipelines
    Busch Vacuum Pump
    MES Three Phase Three Post RO
    2X10 Leader Vortex Max Flue pan, Enhanced Steamaway
    Electricity made with wind and solar

I would think it will come fairly soon, (I've already raised my retails, in fact I did it 2 weeks ago) I may need to adjust even more soon.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

How many people lowered their retail price when the bulk price was down??? I don't think that the bulk price going up 10-20% should effect the retail price. The price on syrup is high already. It would have to go up an awful lot for me to raise my retail price. At some point people are going to turn to alternatives if the price goes to high. You can't make the gravy when the bulk price is low , and when its high. Only the Government is allowed to win on both ends.
    Nate Hutchins
    Nate & Kate's Maple
    2022 1000 taps?
    3x10 Intensofire
    20x36 sugarhouse
    CDL 600gph RO
    A wife and 2 kids.

Bascoms and Butternut are the large buyers. I don't know if maple grove is buying from many produces now or not, but they used to.

Unfortunately that is true for people anywhere and not just WI. The only ones rushing to sell at 2.10 are the producers in over their heads or have made bad business deals to secure land or equipment. The producers who can afford to hold it can and will do so. I am willing to hold it along with many others in the area until the sap starts running in 2022. Syrup is a bonus income not my day to day job.

Who is the go-to company out east that will but our syrup if that is what it comes to? At this point I have tallied around 500 barrels (300,000 ish pounds) that are sitting in my area. Does anyone know how they work their barrel return and exchange? I do not have any stainless barrels but I know of a few producers that do and will want to know how the return process works.

Quote Originally Posted by One tap short View Post
    Unfortunately that is true for people anywhere and not just WI. The only ones rushing to sell at 2.10 are the producers in over their heads or have made bad business deals to secure land or equipment. The producers who can afford to hold it can and will do so. I am willing to hold it along with many others in the area until the sap starts running in 2022. Syrup is a bonus income not my day to day job.

Who is the go-to company out east that will but our syrup if that is what it comes to? At this point I have tallied around 500 barrels (300,000 ish pounds) that are sitting in my area. Does anyone know how they work their barrel return and exchange? I do not have any stainless barrels but I know of a few producers that do and will want to know how the return process works.
    Steel usually does not come back. I do both stainless and steel. I send the steel out not expecting to get it back. The stainless costs me to get it back but not as much since it is light when empty and can be stacked. I will probably send 3 semi loads to the east this summer or fall.

Quote Originally Posted by motowbrowne View Post
    Interesting to see the big price difference between Wisconsin and out east.
    it only costs 10-11 cents a pound to get it east. if those 2 buyers in Wisconsin dont pony up everyone should ship it east. 20 cents more times 75 drums adds up quick.
    Fred Ahrens
    330-206-1606
    Richards Ohio Maple Equipment
    Ohio CDL sales rep
    LaPierre Dealer
    H&M maple fabricator Dealer
    Service Tech/repair for all brands and electronics

don't take life too serious, nobody gets out alive anyways!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast