+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Running electric long distances

Quote Originally Posted by calvertbrothers View Post
    Is that copper or aluminum wire you used? And did you encase it in sand?
    I would bed and cover with sand if I was installing underground on my boney land. You should also place a marking tape on top of the cover sand so hopefully you (or someone else) doesn't dig into it someday.
    Ken
    Ken & Sherry
    Williston, VT
    16x34 Sugarhouse
    1,500 taps on high vacuum, Electric Releaser & CDL Sap Lifter
    Wood-Fired Leader 30"x10' Vortex Arch & Max Raised Flue with Rev Syrup Pan & CDL1200 RO
    https://www.facebook.com/pumpkinhillmaple/

In my area they want us to run conduit. The inspector won’t allow a sand bed anymore. For 4/0 wire he wants schedule 80, 4”. And that in my area is $58 for 10ft conduit. And for crossings the want galvanized pipe. We asked arcade electric to run high voltage wire and run 2” schedule 80 pvc conduit that is $38 for a 10ft section. The cheapest part was the wire. And the majority of the conduit would be galvanized conduit. And it’s a lot more then pvc. We crunched numbers and we are building a sugar house near the road. Maybe someday we will get electricity back to our woods, but not right now with the prices this high. Thanks everyone for there know how and help it’s greatly appreciated.
    2019:250 gallons
    2020:324 gallons
    2021:?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12