+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cheap effective blower

Default Cheap effective blower

Seaflo marine 4” inline marine bilge blower on Amazon. 4” flex aluminum metal ducting under fire. Ran without speed control after Chinese speed controller blew up in my hand on hook up. Ran off 12v trolling motor for 9 hrs straight. Amazing how much it amplifies the intensity of the fire. Best $40 spent on sugaring in a while. Allowed us to burn some less than perfect wood. C5C6C245-6762-47B8-B0CF-9A2DC3A5710A.jpg
    Marty, Sam, Henry, Jim, Brandi
    Richmond, VT

--
    2021: 49 bucket taps, 50 tubing, 8 gallons. Closed valve, burned front pan ended season early
    2022: 49 bucket taps, 50 tubing, 24 gallons. New front pan!

Awesome idea, if my furnace blower that I got of CL ever dies I may go this route!

Nice! You need to be careful buying Chinese electrical things. Glad it failed then and not when it would have set the sugarhouse on fire.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

I wonder if this would also make for an inexpensive blower: https://www.amazon.ca/VIVOSUN-Inline...9085282&sr=8-1

I have used old leaf blowers and recently bought a bounce house blower at a yard sale. If you want cheap then you can usually get these cheap. I paid $15.00 each for two leaf blowers and $5.00 for the bounce house blower. The leaf blowers are noisier, but I mount them outside and cover with a cut off barrel. I turn them on high and use a variable speed control in the sugar shack. I use a fernco fittings to transition to pipe.
    125-150 taps
    Smokey Lakes Full pint Hybrid pan
    Modified half pint arch
    Air over fire
    All 3/16 tubing
    Southern Ohio

I consider my blower cheep compared to what a maple equipment vendor charges. I payed 116.00 for a 2 speed Dayton blower and consider it worth every penny, and close to silent. Dont know about DC options for off grid.
    2024 - 57 Gallons - Short season, many and varied problems remedied in short order! - No buckets!
    2023 - 38 Gallons - RO broke, Buckets didn't run, rebuilt vacuum pump mid-season, still made good syrup!
    2022 - 52 Gallons - DIY RO, 50% less fuel, no late nights in the shack!
    2021 - 48 Gallons - new pans, new arch, lots of new taps and tubing
    2020 - 32 Gallons
    2019 - 27 Gallons

+ Reply to Thread