+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The RO Bucket!!

Quote Originally Posted by BAP View Post
    For everyone that has the RO Bucket, are you still pleased with your purchase? Those that have had it more than 1 season, is it still performing well? Does anyone have the the RO25?
    2nd year and it worked flawlessly this season, replacing membranes for next season and upgrading to an RB25 by adding a membrane. I wouldn’t hesitate and get on the waitlist 👍🏻👍🏻

One season on mine (RB20)and I love it. Wish I had it years ago!
    2x3 Patrick Phaneuf Divided Pan
    Homemade arch
    RB20 RO Bucket
    121 taps total
    Sugar Shack in future
    Wife into it as much as me
    Also do homebrew

http://s928.photobucket.com/albums/ad121/ZMANSYRUP/

I also have the RB20 kit. Someone called it a “game changer” and I agree. I love removing water from sap while I do other things. And the wood pile seems to go down a LOT slower! Easy to assemble and Carl is very responsive to questions. I do highly recommend adding flow meters ... you adjust flow on every use and measuring a sap stream into a cup gets old quick, and always seems to make a mess. I also added a bypass switch to the low pressure switch option for startup when there’s no pressure. Finally, some recommend matching the flow rate of the RO to your evaporator because RO’d sap spoils quickly. After one season of use, I’m not sure I agree. First, RO flow varies with temperature and sugar content. Second, even in this ridiculously warm season, I didn’t notice RO’d sap spoiling any faster than raw sap, just treat it like milk, as always. I accidentally bought more RO than I needed and it worked out great because I can process more quickky and stay well ahead of my evaporator. Overall, a great little unit, highly recommended.
    Last edited by dvnwvt; 04-11-2021 at 07:08 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123