+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The RO Bucket!!

Default The RO Bucket!!

I resisted an RO for a number of years and finally pulled the trigger last year, best money I’ve ever spent. I’m a 1 man operation, and this helps me considerably all around.

I purchased the largest RO Bucket for my 150 taps, and it’s the bee’s knees for the little guy. With that being said,I’ve had nothing but a 100% positive experience from the word GO. I did my first collection of the season today and I cranked up the RO and had a few minor issues. I fired off an email to Carl and within 4 minutes, literally 4 minutes, I had a response and I resolved my issues under 10 minutes and it’s buzzing along 100%.

These guys know their products front to back, top to bottom, and if you’re on the fence about a small RO, just do it!!

Same here! Bought an RO10 this year after looking and looking at jumping in to the RO scene for years. I think I was nervous about the flushing process for some odd reason. It has cut my boiling time in half.....best part is Carl (the owner) is great with getting back to you no matter how small the question. His customer service is top notch!!! I cannot thank him enough for all the great help he has given a newbie like me......he is such a great guy!!!! I agree friends - just take the plunge and get an RO Bucket - they rock

Chris

Disclaimer - I have no financial ties to RO Bucket, I’m only a greatly satisfied customer

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMFF View Post
    Same here! Bought an RO10 this year after looking and looking at jumping in to the RO scene for years. I think I was nervous about the flushing process for some odd reason. It has cut my boiling time in half.....best part is Carl (the owner) is great with getting back to you no matter how small the question. His customer service is top notch!!! I cannot thank him enough for all the great help he has given a newbie like me......he is such a great guy!!!! I agree friends - just take the plunge and get an RO Bucket - they rock

Chris

Disclaimer - I have no financial ties to RO Bucket, I’m only a greatly satisfied customer

I ditto that disclaimer 💯

I purchased the RO15 kit last year and it was a total game changer, so much saved time and wood. Just started processing this years sap (I was a little concerned if I put the unit away correctly last year) and its off and running bringing my 1.9 - 2.2% sap up to 8%. Same disclaimer as the above posters, no affiliation with Carl but I'm super impressed with the product and the value added to a hobby operation. I usually make about 10 - 15 gallons of syrup annually and this and a PAW electric wheelbarrow with a 35 gallon tank for gathering are the two most meaningful improvements I've made since purchasing a 2x4 arch with a divided pan. Awesome product.

How does the electric wheelbarrow work in the snow. I collect into 5 gal jugs on a sled. Works fine until now when the snow turns to slush. Just thinking cuz it would definitely anger my sweetie.
    2012 8 Taps 3 pts syrup.
    2013 38 Taps 10 gals. syrup made with turkey cooker
    2014 57 Taps 10 gals. syrup. Homemade fuel oil tank evaporator
    2015 51 Taps, 10 gals. syrup.
    2016 50 Taps, 9 gals. Syrup
    2017 54 Taps, 13 gals. syrup
    2018 75 Taps, 21 gals. syrup
    2019 67 Taps, 21 gals.
    2020 73 Taps, 20 gals.
    2021 75 Taps 21 gal.
    2022 75 Taps 14 gal.
    2023 0 0 Stroke

I purchased an RO20 this year and some days it takes me longer to collect sap and get everything set to boil then it takes to boil. If anyone is on the fence you won't be disappointed when you jump in.
    2x3 Patrick Phaneuf Divided Pan
    Homemade arch
    RB20 RO Bucket
    121 taps total
    Sugar Shack in future
    Wife into it as much as me
    Also do homebrew

http://s928.photobucket.com/albums/ad121/ZMANSYRUP/

+1
    I bought the RO10 Couldn't be happier. Ran 68 gallons through it yesterday. I'll admit I was a little skeptical, thinking there must be sugar in that permeate barrel the first time I used it. I didn't have enough sap collected in time to use it on my second boil, but going by my average ratio from the same trees, my ratio was exactly the same with and without using the RO Bucket. The difference using the RO Bucket was, I was done boiling in half the time and used half as much wood. Start to finish and the sun was still out!!

One thing I'd like to have is a switch to turn it on and off. I know pool pumps don't have a switch either. Neither does my transfer pump to move sap out of barrels. Is there a reason why water pumps don't have switches? Sure would make it more convenient than having to plug it in to start, and unplug it to stop. Also, less water and sap on the floor moving lines around from barrel to buckets.

Quote Originally Posted by Gord View Post
    One thing I'd like to have is a switch to turn it on and off. I know pool pumps don't have a switch either. Neither does my transfer pump to move sap out of barrels. Is there a reason why water pumps don't have switches? Sure would make it more convenient than having to plug it in to start, and unplug it to stop. Also, less water and sap on the floor moving lines around from barrel to buckets.
    I had the same issues so I hard wired a outlet and switch to the board my RO is attached to. Works great!
    60ish taps on buckets
    D&G Sportsman 18x63
    Turbo RB15 RO Bucket

Quote Originally Posted by Gord View Post
    The pressure switch Carl sells is what you want. If the switch detects a drop in pressure,IE the sap tank is drawn down/you spring a leak somehow. I think it’s 20$,again, it’s a no brainer imho.

I get mine running, dial in the flow and check it again before bed. After breakfast I verify it completed the cycle and go on about my business.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast