+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tapped in Montague

Default Tapped in Montague

We put our little 21 number of taps in last Sunday morning, February 28th, at our place in Montague. By Monday afternoon we had ~45 gallons of sap. Then it froze in the storage barrels Monday night! We're going to break into them tomorrow and start boiling. There's maybe another 20 gallons that's collected out in the tap buckets again over this past week, too. Hopefully the predicted weather for the next few days comes true and we'll get a big run!

-John

I'm starting to swim in sap!! I've collected around 60 gallons in the past two days! I'm wondering what the warm night last night and tonight is going to do to the rest of the season, I know the forecast says we'll be back to below freezing nights on Friday night but will this couple of warmer nights cause the sap to stop running, and end it all together?

A warm spell like this is definitely not the end of the season unless you tapped 4 weeks ago. With the freezes coming in the forecast the trees will recharge and keep producing.
    60ish taps on buckets
    D&G Sportsman 18x63
    Turbo RB15 RO Bucket

We put out our taps last week. Only 60 gallon of sap so far. We are by eau claire. So you think the temps this next week will get them going? I have been layed up for 2 years so just worried I may have missed something. Our snow is all gone

+ Reply to Thread