+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deer run 250 help

Default Deer run 250 help

Forgive my confusion but I took my membranes out last year to store in containers for the first time and needed to remove the u cups to fit in. I now can’t seem to remember the proper location and orientation. I spoke with Ray at deer run and what he said did t make sense to me. He said both cups should be at the top of the towers which would seem to be down stream on the first membrane and up stream on the second. Anyone else have one and give me some insight?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    custom made 2x7 intensofire
    With SL pans
    250 deer run
    300 3/16 (new 2016)
    500 sacks around the neighborhood

Default deer run 250

my deer run 250 has the seals at top of vessels. vessel 1 has seal lip facing up. vessel 2 with pressure guage has the seal lip facing down. Call if any questions. Brian 507 381 9644.

Lip up you mean like a ^ and lip down you mean like v, if looking at it from a profile view? Correct?
    custom made 2x7 intensofire
    With SL pans
    250 deer run
    300 3/16 (new 2016)
    500 sacks around the neighborhood

I am not familiar with those ros, but u cups are installed on "flow in" end of membrane. On my ro u cups are on bottom because that's the way flow comes in. U cups are installed on membrane so the direction of flow hits the wide part first. For instance, if flow came in bottom the u cup would be installed on bottom of membrane like this^

Default deer run 250

Quote Originally Posted by jmayerl View Post
    Lip up you mean like a ^ and lip down you mean like v, if looking at it from a profile view? Correct?
    Sorry I just saw your question tonight but your symbols are just reversed. this is my idea of down ^. Again please call tomorrow if I can help. Brian 507 381 9644.

On Ray's machines and maybe many others, the open side of the U shaped cups face down and they seal when the pressure in the housing increases, that pressure forces the 2 sides of the U shaped seal tight against the membrane housing and against the very top of the membrane. It makes no difference which way the sap is flowing, the housings only have one end that is removable, that's where the seal needs to work, the other end only has outlets for permeate or concentrate or both, no removable 4" plug. As the pressure increases the seals form a perfect seal if not damaged.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

+ Reply to Thread