+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Brunswick Tapping 2021

Default New Brunswick Tapping 2021

Started in the woods yesterday. Lines are in fairly good condition, we started tapping, marked the deer & squirrel damage as we went. Pretty good start, probably a couple hundred in. My brother lugged the chainsaw around & did a bit of trimming & found some branches over lines to cut. Back at it Monday, looks too cold on Tuesday, but should be ok the rest of week. I usually take afternoons off from work the first week of March to get ready, now my daughter does the same. We should be ready to go, woods, shack, pump house by next saturday.
    Murray

Somewhere around 800 - 900 taps on Atlas Copco vacuum
    1 Sap Ladder & 1 can
    2 1/2 x 10 Waterloo/Small, with Piggyback & hood,
    Air over & under fire
    CDL autodrawoff, Homemade drawoff/filter tank with pump,
    Lapierre Sirofilter, modified steam pan bottler

Good to hear someone else is getting ready. I think I'm going to hold off on tapping until next Sunday. Looks like an early season
    Maple syrup enthusiast

We'll be taping next weekend also. could be an early start to the season.
    675 taps

Good to hear updates from fellow New Brunswickers. I had attempted to join the site last year but was never approved. I finally reached a moderator this year and got it figured out.

We tapped 17 late last week and managed to get a few liters. We are looking forward to the warm weather coming next week. D34A849C-83CA-46BD-A605-70371D874DC5.jpg

I got one line of 3/16 tubing in this year with a shurflo pump set up, having a few issues getting the vacuum up but hopefully get it figured out Saturday. Tapped last Saturday with my buckets. Got a few litres but nothing much. Was hoping next week would be good but it's looking almost too warm and not dropping below freezing a couple of nights. Fingers crossed we get enough for a boil. Good luck to everyone.

We'll be taping this weekend, hopefully we get a good season, good luck everybody.
    675 taps

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Lady View Post
    Was hoping next week would be good but it's looking almost too warm and not dropping below freezing a couple of nights. Fingers crossed we get enough for a boil.
    Fingers crossed here too, Maple Lady. We'll see what the weather brings. Hoping for colder nights and to keep those higher temps

Good luck

Tapped a couple of my trees this afternoon. Even though it was cold, some of them were running. Hoping to get the rest of my trees tapped over the next couple days.
    Maple syrup enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by erob View Post
    Tapped a couple of my trees this afternoon. Even though it was cold, some of them were running. Hoping to get the rest of my trees tapped over the next couple days.
    Awesome, good luck erob. Where abouts in York county are you?

I am located in Douglas. Some of my sugar maples were dripping this afternoon when I tapped but most of them are still froze up. Hoping for a good run the next couple of days. Beautiful day to be out in the woods anyways
    Maple syrup enthusiast

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast