+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starting setup North of Nashwauk 2021

Just boiled down 400 gallons over two days. We pre filtered out of the big tank and it did not want to go through. We then finished it off the tried filtering again with pre filter and orlon filter. Again a thick sludge quickly plugged the pre filter. I am sure it is something with the trees and not our process right? That was painful with tension amongs the group 🤣.
    Thinking more and more going to a vacuum filter. Will have to search this forum for what works best.
    Anyone else see this sludge recently?

Jukenjer, I'm south of you, just north of Mille Lacs. First batch on the year for me was dirty. It was only 100 gallons which once the first pre-filter plugged I pulled it out until the second plugs and so forth. One year i recall using six pre-filters, this year only four needed so far.
    You tried to filter four times that amount i did. I can understand your frustrations unfortunately more pre-filters needed. Once there plugged cant force more thru.
    Its nothing your doing, i call it a dirty batch. Happens once and a while for me.
    If someone has a better explanation to why the dirty batches happen I'd be glad to listen.
    Hope that helps
    2008 - was the start of it all!!!
    2016 - New 22" x 34" flat pan
    2018 - 50 bags and new RO system.
    Still a great hobby.

Done!! Taps pulled, lines sanitized and tanks cleaned. Not a bad year for us with 44 gallons of syrup. Now bring on the pancakes!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12